decland can

Beacon tix presale is open

Post by decland can »

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/elviscostello/ no need for amex

otherwise ticketmaster with amex.
bronxapostle

Re: Beacon tix presale is open

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks..whoever you are decland can! i would have missed it w/o your "HEADS UP"!!! best, ba :D :D :D GREAT first post!!
decland can

Post by decland can »

quite welcome ba!

not sure why there was so lil info on beacon presale but when i saw it i made sure i got mine, then came here to spread the wealth.

im still in total debt to this forum as it was here back in nov when i somehow ended up here while i was browsing for nick lowe info.... and there it was.... a post on green space ticket sales that went off that day. i was very very lucky to be one of the 125 people present for that very special night. you ask how special? there were probably 35 people in front of me so i was only hoping to get a front row seat somewhere, anywhere. i made a beeline for the far end to the right of the stage when my buddy yelled at me to double back. he snagged the 2 empty seats FRONT ROW CENTER. in my haste, i never saw the seats... wtf... how could anyone pass those up? :roll: :roll: :roll: how could they not be taken???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: but there they were for the taking, for me and my buddy. so i sat directly in front of him, front row. he was 4ft away in front of me.... im still buzzed from that night.

anyhoooo, i hope to contribute as best as i can and repay the debt... tho i sense may never repay in full.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I also want to thank you. Just happened to be browsing the forum and your headline stuck out like a red flag. I immediately went to the ticket page. I can't believe there was no notice!! Thanks to you I got seats.

Dave
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

Me too! Thanks for the post. Monday the 23rd for me.
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

What's the point of signing up with the EC site if they don't alert you when the tix go on sale? Luckily I saw a tweet from MSG, who own/run the Beacon. Otherwise I would have been out of luck.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
bobfrombob

Post by bobfrombob »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:What's the point of signing up with the EC site if they don't alert you when the tix go on sale?
Sort of good news for me in a way. I really can't afford to go to New York. Now there are only VIP and upper balconys left so I am not tempted.

Still, thanks for posting the alert.
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

Just bought my ticket for the 22nd. Second balcony seemed to be the best I could do at this late date - but at least I'm in the first row so I should be able to see.

I wish though that The Sugarcanes were involved as well. I regret not being able to see Elvis and them live.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Shit. Didn't see this until it was too late. Will take my chances with the general admission tickets. A little heads up from an EC mass email would have been nice.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

ypsi? everyone? you got what you needed i hope.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Sunday...going alone. Row G, Center Orch. Tix must be pretty hot--couldn't get 2 together. Checked Stubhub...prices are INSANE.
Monday...Mr. Ypsilanti coming with. Orch 2, Row O. Best I could do.

Still, I'm pretty excited about this...
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

This may call for a NYC regional meeting of the EC Fan Forum on Sunday....in 3 freakin' months!
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

docinwestchester wrote:This may call for a NYC regional meeting of the EC Fan Forum on Sunday....in 3 freakin' months!
Good idea, Doc. Those London people are all so nice and friendly and meet for a drink before concerts and so forth. No reason the NYers can't be friendly, too.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Ypsilanti wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:This may call for a NYC regional meeting of the EC Fan Forum on Sunday....in 3 freakin' months!
Good idea, Doc. Those London people are all so nice and friendly and meet for a drink before concerts and so forth. No reason the NYers can't be friendly, too.
Yeah, NYer's are well known for being friendly, right?
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

docinwestchester wrote:
Yeah, NYer's are well known for being friendly, right?
:lol: Hahahahahahahaha! Well, speaking for myself...I'm not an actual NYer. I'm just a transplanted Clevelander, so I actually am friendly...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

true dat...Clevelanders are always friendly. me, i'm at the age i don't want to meet anyone but my Maker!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Going on Monday with miss buenos aires and her b/f, meeting up beforehand. Should be a blast.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:What's the point of signing up with the EC site if they don't alert you when the tix go on sale?
Well, I got an email with the presale details. Wasn't of much use to me, but it arrived.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Your email wasn't from Quantas or Emirates was it, Jeremy ? :lol:
Wish with all my heart I could be there in NY to meet and greet the fans and bring Verbal along with me. Our only road trip has been to Amsterdam where Steve said "What the hell are you two doing here ?" It was great to be recognised by him though more than a little embarrassing when Interpol recognised VG !!
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Hello Elvis Fans,

Due to overwhelming demand, a third show at the Beacon Theatre (New York, NY) has been added to The Revolver Tour.
5/24/11 - Beacon Theatre (New York, NY)

Because you have been such loyal fans, you will get first access to tickets and ticket bundles. The presale starts tomorrow, February 24th, at 10am EST.

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/elviscostello

Username: elvis
Password: costello

In addition to presale tickets, there will be a limited number of Revolver Tour VIP Ticket Packages available.

The Revolver Tour VIP Ticket Packages are $100 on top of the ticket price and include the following:
-One Premium Reserved Ticket
-One Limited Edition Signed Elvis Costello Lithograph
-One Limited Edition "National Ransack" EP
-One Elvis Costello Pick Pack
-One Commemorative VIP Laminate

For further news and updates please visit www.elviscostello.com
Click here to opt out
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

The only compensation for us Brits is that there just might be a few recordings made during the stint at the Beacon- whaddya say BA ?? :lol:
migdd

Post by migdd »

Who knows. If the Revolver tour is a resounding success as it is shaping up to be, perhaps EC will take it on the road.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:Hello Elvis Fans,

Due to overwhelming demand, a third show at the Beacon Theatre (New York, NY) has been added to The Revolver Tour.
5/24/11 - Beacon Theatre (New York, NY)

Because you have been such loyal fans, you will get first access to tickets and ticket bundles. The presale starts tomorrow, February 24th, at 10am EST.

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/elviscostello

Username: elvis
Password: costello

In addition to presale tickets, there will be a limited number of Revolver Tour VIP Ticket Packages available.

The Revolver Tour VIP Ticket Packages are $100 on top of the ticket price and include the following:
-One Premium Reserved Ticket
-One Limited Edition Signed Elvis Costello Lithograph
-One Limited Edition "National Ransack" EP
-One Elvis Costello Pick Pack
-One Commemorative VIP Laminate

For further news and updates please visit http://www.elviscostello.com
Click here to opt out
Sonuvabitch! Doesn''t Elvis know I've already booked my hotel and my airline???

Doesn't he know how much another night in a NYC hotel is gonna cost me, on top of another ticket???

Geez! I may have to give up going to any other shows elsewhere.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:The only compensation for us Brits is that there just might be a few recordings made during the stint at the Beacon- whaddya say BA ?? :lol:

what do i say???? i need a BENEFACTOR to afford THREE at the BEACON in 2011; the year i become GRAMPA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Congratulations! Maybe we can have a whip round to see if we can fund the three recordings.

Was watching Shine A Light on telly the other day. Isn't the Beacon lovely? Very grand in the style of the Brixton Academy only more so. This was filmed in 2006, I believe, but it's been restored since, so it must be really amazing now. I wanna go!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/nyreg ... eacon.html
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more