Elvis song with Willie Nelson being released

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis song with Willie Nelson being released

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis and Diana Krall joined Willie Nelson for his recent 70th birthday gig, singing `Crazy` with him. It`s coming out on disc .

see
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 09-0548719
or

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... =148592518

Willie Nelson & Friends: Live & Kickin
Willie Nelson

Availability: This item will be released on June 24,

Label: Lost Highway
ASIN: B00009KTWT

Track Listings
1. I Didn't Come Here, I'm Not Leavin' - Willie Nelson

2. Nightlife - Willie & Eric Clapton
3. Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain - Willie & Shania
Twain
4. Homeward Bound - Willie & Paul Simon
5. Beer For My Horses - Willie & Toby Keith
6. Crazy - Willie, Diana Krall & Elvis Costello

7. To All the Girls I've Loved Before - Willie &
Wyclef Jean
8. Wurlitzer Prize - Willie & Norah Jones
9. She Loves My Automobile - Willie & ZZ Top
10. Angel Flyin' to Close to the Ground - Willie &
Shelby Lynne
11. A Song For You - Willie, Ray Charles, Leon Russell

12. I Could Not Believe It Was True - Willie & John
Mellencamp
13. The Last Thing I Needed - Willie & Kenny Chesney

14. Run That By Me One More Time - Willie & Ray Price

15. One Time Too Many - Willie & Steven Tyler

Willie spoke about it to Time magazine

http://www.time.com/time/people/20030617/

On Live and Kickin', Elvis Costello and Diana Krall do this amazing version of Crazy...
They really did it good! They just called up for tickets to come to the show, and we said, "No, no, you gotta sing."
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Just a reminder that this special will be shown again on TRIO for the next few days (all times are ET):

07/04 9:00 PM USA/TRIO CONCERT WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS: LIVE AND KICKIN'

07/04 12:00 AM USA/TRIO CONCERT WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS: LIVE AND KICKIN'

07/05 4:00 PM USA/TRIO CONCERT WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS: LIVE AND KICKIN'

07/12 9:00 PM USA/TRIO CONCERT WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS: LIVE AND KICKIN'
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I missed EC on Frazier this past season ( I thought I was taping it but I think some child 'o mine ignored the note plastered on the tv screen that said DO NOT TOUCH THIS TV OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!)

Anyway....anybody know when it'll be rerun?
I'm not angry anymore....
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I note that this Wille-Elvis-Diana song is available as a standalone track for Apple's iTunes Music Store for 99c. (If you live in the US... and own an Apple [doesn't everyone?])

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

DrJ wrote:I note that this Wille-Elvis-Diana song is available as a standalone track for Apple's iTunes Music Store for 99c. (If you live in the US... and own an Apple [doesn't everyone?])

DrJ
Saw the cd in Abbey Discs this afternoon for €22, Dr J. It's not worth that, EC and DK's take on Crazy is barely worth one listen. It'll be going for a tenner in a month.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

My God, the lovers are sinbging together now. They'll be recording Peters and Lee covers next.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis song with Willie Nelson being released

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... utlaw_poet

The Last Outlaw Poet

Kris Kristofferson's all-American journey has taken him from the Army Rangers to Nashville to Hollywood - with a few stops in the gutter along the way

ETHAN HAWKE

Posted Apr 07, 2009 1:30 PM

(extract)

Standing backstage at the Beacon Theatre in New York, leaning against a crumbling brick wall in the dark, I could barely see Kris Kristofferson standing to my left. Willie Nelson was in the shadows to my right. Ray Charles was standing beside Willie, idly shifting his weight back and forth. A bit farther along the wall were Elvis Costello, Wyclef Jean, Norah Jones, Shelby Lynne, Paul Simon and respective managers, friends and family. Everybody was nervous and tight. We were there for Willie Nelson's 70th birthday concert in 2003.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Another outing for this -

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2011/ ... ie-nelson/

Willie Nelson
ICON – Willie Nelson
(Lost Highway/Universal)
Rating: ★★★½☆

By Joe Nolan June 14th, 2011

During the month of May, Universal Music peppered nearly every genre on the shelf with releases from its budget compilation series ICON. Everyone from the Gin Blossoms to The Mamas & The Papas to New Edition to Louis Armstrong and Hank Williams got the ICON treatment, and while most of the CD’s feature little in the way of rare or unreleased material, the selection of lesser-known and live tracks for the Willie Nelson compilation makes it a notable exception.

By focusing on Nelson’s output since the closing years of the ’90’s, ICON – Willie Nelson avoids being a redundant addition to the artist’s already-available selection of compilation packages. The release opens with hit-and-miss picks from Nelson’s recent duets collections. An unremarkable “Mendocino County Line” duet with Lee Ann Womack is culled from The Great Divide (Lost Highway, 2002), while a rendition of “Night Life” from Milk Cow Blues (2000, Island Records) finds Nelson’s tête-à-tête with B.B. King bringing a stinging, ringing energy to an old chestnut.

The real treats on the album are the cherry-picked selections that highlight Nelson’s collaborations with superstar producers. The Daniel Lanois-produced “My Own Peculiar Way” (Teatro, Island Records, 1998) comes off as both exotic and intimate while Nelson’s Don Was-produced reggae album Countryman (Lost Highway, 2005) is represented by the artist’s rootsy, forlorn reading of the Jimmy Cliff classic “The Harder They Come.”

The album also features live cuts of “On the Road Again” and a crowd-pleasing rendition of “Crazy” featuring Diana Krall and Elvis Costello.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Elvis wishes Willie Nelson a happy 80th birthday.