elvis costello tribute band needs keys (new york)

Pretty self-explanatory
greenshirtband

elvis costello tribute band needs keys (new york)

Post by greenshirtband »

hey we are a elvis costello
tribute band , based in new york city
we are in need of a keys man desperately
please contact if interested thanks
greenshirtband@yahoo.com
myspace.com/greenshirtband
littletriggers

Re: elvis costello tribute band needs keys (new york)

Post by littletriggers »

Sorry to say , tribute band is my worst nightmare realised , to some fans he may be dead but the man has a new release due any week , quite capable of thumping out the odd classic from his first couple of releases. If your musicianship is that good please write a couple of your own numbers and live or die by them on the gig circuit . Get yourselves on the bill of the Bowery Ballroom , first on of five bands will do no harm look at the Yeah Yeah Yeahs I saw them steal the show a few years back when in NY , never got the chance to see anyone this trip go check out Foals in a couple of weeks and my current favourite is already sold out supporting British Sea Power , Jef Lewis NY Punk/Folk singer .
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Hey, save some love for tribute and cover bands. Being a good musician doesn't ALWAYS involve being a good songwriter. I write loads of songs but am not the world's greatest guitarist, while some of the most amazing players I've ever known can't write. Plus, if you are a fan and a musician, cover bands are really fun. I did a one-off charity show last weekend as Elvis and had an absolute blast tearing through 5 songs in 14 minutes (sans keys, unfortunately). Good luck Greenshirt band!
greenshirtband

Post by greenshirtband »

you dont need to be so pissy
i do have my own band and i do write my own songs
getting recognized in the music business is next to impossible whether your the worst musician
or john lennon , we look at what we do as a homage to someone we really like
and trust me doing elvis covers is not very easy
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Then write a simple pop tune and sell a zillion copies , I will not be swayed on tribute bands , even if the artist is dead , stick a record on usually works .Or go see new music and support them. Actually the odd covers band is ok it's tribute and straight one artist set bands I have a problem with , with names like the Strolling Bones T.Rextasy etc .
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

No need to be so harsh. Sometimes it's fun to play music that you happen to love. I'm sure Davey Faragher can attest to that, and until our new friend gets a call to be Elvis' new guitar player there's no harm in being in a cover band. noiseradio, who posted here for years, is in a very good Elvis Costello cover band called Oliver's Army.

Also, some people simply can't afford the $80-$100 tickets Elvis sells nowadays. A talented enough cover band charging $7.50 is a pretty appealing alternative.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.