Meeting before London gig on Saturday

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Meeting before London gig on Saturday

Post by Neil. »

Hi - so what's the score on Saturday? Is anyone meeting before the London gig? I ain't going to the gig, but happy to meet beforehand - be good to meet some fellow Elvis nuts. Happy to go to a different place, but this is my suggestion. MAybe meet there at - what - 5.30pm if the gig starts at 8? Whaddaya reckon?

If you cross Tower Bridge (away from the Tower of London), on your immediate left once you've crossed the bridge you get to a flight of stairs downwards which leads to a street called "Shad Thames" - weird name for a street, I know! - and there on the riverfront are a line of bars and restaurants.

There's an All Bar One there - okay, I know All Bar Ones are naff, but the only reason I mention it is that it's the nearest bar I know to the Tower of London - just a walk across the bridge - unless anyone else knows of another one?

Here's the map - I'm talking about the bit facing the river, where George's Stairs and Butler's Wharf are.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... newmap.srf

Here's another map - the address of the All Bar One is 34 Shad Thames:

http://maps.yell.com/clients/browse.cgi ... %3D2014715
littletriggers

Bar Meat !

Post by littletriggers »

Neil , I'll be around from 1.30 - 2. at the RFH bar infront of Thames book stalls for a couple of hours then walking on up to Tate Modern for a brief look round so I'll probably try and make it in there for 6-6.30 if no one else turns up along South Bank earlier. I'll have an EC saint pin on a black jacket. My flickr pro account is back up and running after difficulty trying to pay this years subs, just google flickr and try STIFF CUTTINGS and that should get you to my site there are few Costello Hammersmith pix from a year or two back and my life laid bare, later, Steve, littletriggers
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Aren't you gonna be sozzled by the time the show starts, if you start boozing at 1pm? Is 5pm okay for others?
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

Quite probably ! If they don't try to weaken my cider with ice. I always thought drinking and gig going were a perfect match, or was I supposed to of matured over the last 45 years . Bars open on the train .
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm about for a beer as will be Sulky Lad. I've PM'd you with my mobile number. Let me know what's happening as I won't be on the board tomorrow.

I'm meeting my mate about 2pm so 5pm won't be a problem.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Okay, shall we meet there, then? I've got your mobile number - anyone else, do come along - be good to rave about Elvis face to face. Can make it earlier if people would prefer?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

I'm trying to think what I'll be wearing that's distinctive, so that anyone can spot. Erm... I'll wear my black t-shirt which has a flying v-guitar smashing into a glitterball on the front. That should do it.