Lincoln Center Info?

Pretty self-explanatory
SweetPear

Lincoln Center Info?

Post by SweetPear »

With all the people "in the know" on the board, I was wondering if there's any info about what the ticket prices for the Lincoln Center shows will be. As I understand it, tickets for all three shows can be bought together and will go onsale first, then the single show tickets will go on sale.

So anybody have a heads up on what that three ticket pack might cost?

And I've been finding that in the several places I've inquired about getting a reservation for the week are all booked for that week. I'm starting to get a little bummed about that. My husband has a friend who can set us up at the Hyatt but I've never been to that Hyatt. I've been to others, like the former Hotel Atop the Bellvue in Philadelphia which has turned over into a Hyatt. That place is beautiful. We spend our wedding anniversay there almost every year.

So anybody know if this New York Hyatt is nice?

Or have you got any other suggestions, we'd appreciate your input.

Thank you much :)
I'm not angry anymore....
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Is it the Hyatt at Grand Central? If so, I was there yesterday and it is very, very nice. Very.
alexv

Post by alexv »

Here's a suggestion: try the Empire Hotel, 44 West 63d. It is right across from Lincoln Center and is an old-style New York hotel. You are steps away from the shows, as well as two blocks away from the Park. You also are in the West Side which is the more fun side of uptown Manhattan, but can walk to the Times Square area for more touristy stuff. For years I have been telling myself that if I were visiting the City, this is the place I would stay. Friends who have tried it have enjoyed it, particularly for the location. I recommend the great mexican restaurant down the block (Rosa Mexicano).
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

Sweet Pear;

See info below

http://www.lincolncenter.org/popUp/medi ... easeid=356

ELVIS COSTELLO

Three-concert series

Avery Fisher Hall, 65th Street and Broadway
Tuesday, July 13 at 8 p.m.
Netherlands Metropole Orkest (North American Debut)

Thursday, July 15 at 8 p.m.
The Imposters

Saturday, July 17 at 8 p.m.
Il SOGNO (North America Premiere)
Brooklyn Philharmonic

Tickets: $65, $50

TICKETS for Festival 2004 go on sale April 26 for multiple-event buyers via CenterCharge, 212-721-6500, on line at http://www.lincolncenter.org and in person, at the Avery Fisher Hall Festival box office, 65th Street and Broadway. Single tickets go on sale June 2 (at all of the above outlets).

I would assume the price is for each show.
Why are we racing to be so old?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.newyorkerhotel.com/

Located at 8th Avenue and 34th Street, The New Yorker Hotel was adequate enough for my stay in New York last July. One quibble - the air conditioning box sticking out of the window of the floor above dripped water all the time , making a very audible noise as it hit the top of the box sticking out my window.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to share your info. I'm going to check it all out and see what I come up with. My husband's pushing for the Hyatt. (I think it's the one you mentioned, Pip, at Grand Central.)

I'm so nervous about getting tickets! I always get so bummed if I don't get good seats. I'M SO EXCITED!!

And please, if anyone else has any input about accomodations or the ticket sales~don't be shy!

Thanks again everyone.
:)
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i am writing in to GLOAT.

I HAVE AN OFFER OF A SPARE ROOM IN NYC FOR THE WEEK OF THE SHOWS.

w/ someone i've not met, but who sounds LOVELY, and who knows friends of friends. a SPARE ROOM. i was only angling for floor, i've got a sleeping bag.

YAY ME!

now i just have to score tickets. and make sure i've got the week off from work.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Nah Poppet, that's not gloating. And anyway, if it was, this would be the place to do it!

Only for Elvis would I sleep on the floor (with a sleeping bag!) in a strange place with someone I've never met.
I hope Elvis appreciates what you're doing for him.
:lol:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Alexv and John Foyle~ Both the Empire and the New Yorker looked great. I had also looked at two hotels in So-Ho. The So-Ho Grand I really liked. It's a bit different looking from the usual hotels and I've never hung out around there, so it'll be a new and interesting experience in the city. It's only about a 20 minute cab ride uptown during rush hour and prob about $8-$10.

So we've got several reservations (no money paid yet with cancellation up until the day before check in). One at the So-Ho Grand and the other at either the Empire or New Yorker~I'm not sure which!! There was one other place but they were booked.

I didn't even get to the Hyatt. Maybe I'll check it out and find I'd rather stay there. :lol:

Okay, now it's up to the tickets.
"C'mon, mommy wants a great pair of tickets!" she says blowing on the pair of dice in her hot little hands. :P
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

So how many of you EC fans will be travelling to the city of New York to see any of the Lincoln Center shows?