Elvis & Steve, Lucerne (Switzerland), October 3, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & Steve, Lucerne (Switzerland), October 3, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

The Costello/Nieve European tour rolls on through October. Elvis and Steve play KKL Luzern, Switzerland on Tuesday, October 3, 2023.

Allblues.ch previews the show (and the previous night's show in Geneva) thus:

"Pop-Ikone Elvis Costello live und exklusiv in Genf und Luzern

Endlich: Pop-und Singer/Songwriter-Ikone Elvis Costello kommt wieder einmal für zwei Konzerte in die Schweiz. Der 69-jährige Brite gehört zu den begabtesten und intelligentesten Songwritern der Musikgeschichte. Ende der 70er Jahre begann Costellos Stern zu leuchten: Kokettierte er auf seinen ersten grandiosen Alben («This Year’s Model», «My Aim Is True») mit der Punk-Ästhetik jener Zeit, schaffte er kurz danach mit seiner Band «The Attractions» den kommerziellen Durchbruch in seiner Heimat sowie auch in den USA. Zahllose Kollaborationen als Musiker (Annie Lennox, Brodsky Quartet, Burt Bacharach, Anne Sofie von Otter, The Roots) wie auch als Produzent (u.a. The Pogues) machten Costello – seit 2003 mit Jazz-Diva Diana Krall verheiratet – zu einem der angesehensten Musiker unserer Zeit. In die Schweiz kommt er mit seinem langjährigen Weggefährten und Pianisten Steve Nieve. Elvis Costello pur - das Konzertreignis im Herbst 2023: Am 2. Oktober 2023 im Théatre du Léman Genève und am 3. Oktober 2023 im KKL Luzern."

TIckets are on general sale from: Friday, June 2nd 2023, 09:00 hrs.

The Priority Sale for the event is already open from: Wednesday, May 31th 2023, 09:00 hrs - https://www.live-club.ch/angebote/elvis ... ority-sale.

Neither the Lucerne show nor the Geneva show have yet been added to the Tour page at Elviscostello.com so no presale codes or links there.

Who's going?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & Steve, Lucerne (Switzerland), October 3, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
taramasalata

Post by taramasalata »

Who's going?

Me and my best friend of teenage years, the two unlucky ones of the Granada "rain" 4 weeks ago.
Together with an another friend of teenage years from Southwest Germany.

At least in Lucerne the venue has a roof.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

taramasalata

Post by taramasalata »

Setlist:

1. When I was cruel No.2
2. Shot with his own gun
3. Country darkness
4. Licorice on your tongue
5. Harpies Bizarre
6. Unwanted number
7. The other end of the telescope
8. Trick out the truth
9. Red shoes
10. The Comedians
11. I do (Zula's song)
12. Watching the detectives
13. Flutter and wow
14. God give me strength
15. Someone took the words away
16. She
17. I want you
18. (What's so funny about) Peace Love & Understanding?
19. Alison
20. Couldn't call it unexpected No. 4 (Elvis singing off mic, walking through the aisles, back on stage with a bunch of the crowd, singing along with and getting firmly hugged by him, unfortunately not me...)

20 songs in 2 hrs. 10 mins.
Great concert last night, Elvis on the last show of the tour in good mood, the setlist again full of surprises, more than just once seeming to spontaneously being changed in the very moment.
Standout tracks for me Country Darkness, I do, Flutter and wow, Someone took the word away (honestly the first time that song moved me), a brillant I want you and, as always, Alison.
Elvis throwing himself into even the most difficult singing parts (GGMS) and mostly hitting the right notes, actually his singing with wonderful nuances, the public in this impressively elegant (yet a bit too clean) and venerable concert hall a bit too reserved for too long but finally applauding quite frenetically and getting up on their feet, nearly sold out.

Quite some time later, at the back door, he did come out for about 90 seconds, completely changed in style, playing hard to get, giving some autographs and posing for a selfie with me.
After 6 weeks being all over Europe I bet he was looking forward to get back home to Diana and his grown-ups, well deserved!

Image Image
Attachments
IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 20281 times
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Another review from the same publication.