Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, Bethlehem, PA, February 23, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, Bethlehem, PA, February 23, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

As we approach Christmas, it is only right that we celebrate in the traditional way, with a Christmas Carol:

"O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant!
O come ye, O come ye, to Bethlehem"

Elvis and The Imposters, with Charlie Sexton, play the Wind Creek Event Center in Bethlehem, PA. on Thursday February 23, 2023.

Ticket prices through TicketB*****d are $59.50, $79.50 and $99.50 + fees. The show seems to have sold pretty well, but seats are still available at all prices. The first at least six rows are priced as "Platinum" seats at some eye-watering prices if you have dollars burning a hole in your pocket.

Who's going?

MOOT
Charles

Re: Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, Bethlehem, PA, February 23, 2023

Post by Charles »

I’ll be there with bells on!
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, Bethlehem, PA, February 23, 2023

Post by johnfoyle »

Back to a bigger venue !
Charles

Post by Charles »

johnfoyle wrote:Back to a bigger venue !
Just as we were getting used to the Gramercy!
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

We’re here - last date before returning to UK.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Charles

Post by Charles »

Awesome show! His voice was perfect!

This Years Girl
Green Shirt
American Gangster Time
Either Side of the Same Town
Hetty
Mystery Dance
Bedlam ("found myself in Bethlehem")
Watching The Detectives
Accidents Will Happen EC and Steve
Indoor Fireworks
The Man You Love To Hate
Clubland
Why Can't I Give You Anything But Love
Alison "any day now"?
Chelsea
Magnificent Hurt
Pump It Up
What's so Funny
Last edited by Charles on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Fishfinger king wrote:We’re here - last date before returning to UK.

Safe home my friends. photo at bronxapostle instagram or email me at bronxapostle@hotmail.com cheers, benny
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

cfm123 wrote:Alison "any day now"?
Perhaps the Burt Bacharach/Bob Hilliard song first recorded by Chuck Jackson? We all know about Burt, but Chuck Jackson also died earlier this month.

Charles

Post by Charles »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
cfm123 wrote:Alison "any day now"?
Perhaps the Burt Bacharach/Bob Hilliard song first recorded by Chuck Jackson? We all know about Burt, but Chuck Jackson also died earlier this month.

Thanks and sorry for the rushed setlist post. Yes, that was it and it was a super brief part, but very familiar. Accidents Will Happen was really nice and it was mostly just Elvis singing and Steve on piano until the “I know “ part at the end when the band quietly joined in. The place was packed and pretty good crowd, for the most part. Good times!
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

This was a very enjoyable “greatest hits” show - meat and 2 veg after the Smorgasbord of the Gramercy. But what’s wrong with very tasty meat and two veg from time to time? Went with two friends who are more casual Elvis fans and they were blown away. Very good and appreciative crowd. Bedlam in Bethlehem shouldn’t have been unexpected on reflection. I still managed a first live hearing in this show, though- American Gangster Time, which rarely seems to get played in the UK. So the obscurist in me satisfied!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

Had a great time at this show last night. Elvis and the lads were in fine form and still seemed jazzed from their Gramercy adventure. Lots of smiles and pulled faces at each other throughout the proceedings.

Standouts for me were Bedlam ("I'd lay down on an iron frame and find myself in Bethlehem"), which should now become the official song of this town, Hetty O'Hara Confidential, and The Man You Love To Hate, although there really were no duds.

And man, Charlie Sexton needs to become a permanent Imposter. I was on his side of the stage and watched him throughout the night. He adds so much to the songs, and even tore off a couple of solos.

This was a spur-of-the-moment show for me--I bought my ticket an hour and a half before it started and hopped in my car. Was seated with 5 minutes to spare. There were a few empty seats here and there, but otherwise the place seemed pretty full. And a very appreciative crowd.

See you Sunday in Montclair!
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?