The Boy Named If (Alive At Memphis Magnetic), November 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: The Boy Named If (Alive At Memphis Magnetic), November 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Official video of Magnificent Hurt Remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKvGICN5EA4
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

I wonder why Elvis didn't include "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes" from this session. I got a decent recording off of the YouTube video and it makes a very good first track of Alive at Memphis Magnetic
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I really hope this gets a physical release. Maybe Red Shoes would be added as a bonus track.

I love the professional looseness (if you see what I mean). It sounds like they were having great fun.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
krm

Post by krm »

Miclewis wrote:I wonder why Elvis didn't include "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes" from this session. I got a decent recording off of the YouTube video and it makes a very good first track of Alive at Memphis Magnetic
Thanks for the reminder! I was just going to put it on a CD and now I can add Red Shoes! Excellent
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I really hope this gets a physical release. Maybe Red Shoes would be added as a bonus track.
I have every confidence that when this gets released as a deluxe box-set of 7" singles (with postcards of course), 'Red Shoes' will be the 'exclusive bonus track' on the B-side of the sixth single :D.
verbal gymnastics wrote:I love the professional looseness (if you see what I mean). It sounds like they were having great fun.
Agree, it has a lovely vibe. My only regret (apart from 'Red Shoes') is that I'd love to hear Imposters 'live in the studio' takes of the upbeat Clockface tracks (particularly 'No Flag' and 'Hettie').
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I like the word “Alive” in the release title. Classic. A++
verbal gymnastics

It’s a shame there’s a fade out on Rock’n’Roll Star as Steve sounds like he’s just about to cut loose.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Is there a full list of track that were recorded at these sessions? What are missing apart from Red Shoes?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://wearememphis.com/play/music/202 ... c-moments/

2022’s Best Memphis Music Moments

(…)

Scott Mcewan, Studio Engineer and owner at Memphis Magnetic Recording Co: My favorite musical moment this year (perhaps in my whole life). Was in April when Elvis Costello was at Magnetic Magnetic recording for about a week. One morning a few days in, Elvis came in and said that Stella McCartney had called him and asked him to send her dad a video card for his 80th birthday in a few weeks. Of course we are all set up tracking songs, so Elvis decided we would sing him a song and film it on the iPad. The band quickly figured out what Beatles song they knew all the way through and decided on “Here There and Everywhere”. One of the techs on the floor filmed it on the iPad, and we multi tracked it up in the control room. During this I was flashing back to a “12 year old me” hanging out in my bedroom, wearing out the LP My Aim is True, and with Beatles posters plastered all over my walls. I honestly was having an out of body experience! Best musical moment of my life!
(…)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/news/article/240208157/#

Elvis Costello Japan visit commemorative edition “The Boy Named If (Alive at Memphis Magnetic)” to be released on Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Elvis Costello & The Imposters' studio album ``The Boy Named If'' will be released in 2022 and was nominated for ``Best Rock Album'' at the 65th Grammy Awards in 2023. The CD ``The Boy Named If (Alive at Memphis Magnetic)'', which includes ``11 songs that are a companion to the original album'' that were added to the distribution-only deluxe edition, will be a collaboration with ally Steve Naive held in April. It will be released exclusively in Japan on April 3, 2024 (Wednesday) to commemorate the concert in Japan.

Ten rehearsal tracks recorded with members of The Imposters and Charlie Sexton at Memphis Magnetic Recording Studio in October 2021 and May 2022 include "Magnificent Heart" by Japanese rap unit chelmico. Contains a remix version of ``.

The rehearsal material also includes covers of the Beatles' ``Here There and Everywhere,'' the Rolling Stones' ``Out of Time,'' and the Byrds' ``Rock and Roll Star.''
krm

Post by krm »

Very nice
krm

Post by krm »

https://tower.jp/article/feature_item/2024/02/09/0104

Red Shoes not included according to tracklist presented here
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This is the website from Universal Music Japan:
https://www.universal-music.co.jp/elvis ... 024-02-09/
verbal gymnastics

20 copies on order!