Kojak Variety

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Kojak Variety

Post by ice nine »

As I was making my corned beef sandwich. Bama Lama Bama Loo came over my earbuds. I decided to listen to the whole album. I consider it one of his best.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
JPadoo

Re: Kojak Variety

Post by JPadoo »

That’s cool. Everyone has their own personal favorites. I love The Juliet Letters, which is one of my top 5 Elvis albums, and I’m sure I’m in the minority on that. Kojak Variety is probably at the very bottom of my list, but I love the ballads on that record a great deal, and I think the 2 disc Rhino reissue is one of the best (along with Get Happy!!, The Juliet Letters, King of America, and Blood and Chocolate).
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Agree, the 2-disc re-issue is an amazing collection.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I, too, think Juliet Letters is great. You should search out Elvis' collaboration with Anne Sofie Von Otter.. It's got some good tracks on it.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
JPadoo

Post by JPadoo »

Definitely. I always loved Green Song in particular, but also No Winder, Don’t Talk, Broken Bicycles and You Still Believe in Me are real good tracks. As a matter of fact, I love late 90’s- early 2000’s Elvis albums. Painted From Memory, For the Stars, When I Was Cruel, and North are all somewhat undervalued, but for me, just as relevant in quite different ways, as his first four albums.