Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, at Selbyville, DE, Freeman Arts Pavilion, August 19, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, at Selbyville, DE, Freeman Arts Pavilion, August 19, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton play the Freeman Arts Pavilion in Selbyville, Delaware on Friday August 19, 2022. Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets are the opening act, but Nicole Atkins has been appearing during Elvis' set too. The show is sold out.

Writing for Delmarva Now, on August 17th, Roger Hillis previewed the show thus:

"Hall of Famer Elvis Costello highlights big summer concert weekend at the beach

While some college students are already vacating area beach towns to attend school, the tourist season is still at its peak. And when it comes to entertainment offerings, the coming weekend is set to be the one of the biggest of the summer.

In Selbyville, the Freeman Arts Pavilion will present the long-awaited appearance of Elvis Costello on Friday, Aug. 19. The concert by the British singer-songwriter who was inducted into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame back in 2003 has long been sold out.

He is known for classic gems such as “Alison,” “Pump It Up” and “Veronica” — as well as his cover of Nick Lowe’s “What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding.” In an extra treat for fans, this current tour features Lowe as the opening act (backed by the group Los Straitjackets)."

Short and to the point, and avoids any reference to "My Aim Is True" in the headline. Well done Roger!

Who's going?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, at Selbyville, DE, Freeman Arts Pavilion, August 19, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton, at Selbyville, DE, Freeman Arts Pavilion, August 19, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Setlist posted to Setlist.fm

1. Waiting for the End of the World
2. Green Shirt
3. Hetty O'Hara Confidential
4. Either Side of the Same Town
5. Mystery Dance
6. Watching the Detectives / Invisible Lady
7. I'll Make It All Up To You
8. My Most Beautiful Mistake (w Nicole Atkins)
9. Still Too Soon to Know
10. Just About Glad
11. Beyond Belief
12. What if I Can't Give You Anything but Love?
13. Magnificent Hurt
14. (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea
15. Pump It Up
16. You Belong to Me
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? (w Nicole Atkins)
18. Alison

It would be surprising if Nicole had not also sung on Still Too Soon To Know and Just About Glad.

MOOT