Elvis & The Imposters, Saratoga, CA, Mountain Winery, Aug. 27 & Sept. 4, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters, Saratoga, CA, Mountain Winery, Aug. 27 & Sept. 4, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton will play the Mountain Winery, in Saratoga, CA, on Saturday, August 27th and again, to close their North American tour, on Sunday September 4th. The second date was added after the show in Las Vegas scheduled for September 3rd was cancelled.

Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets will open the show on both nights. It is also likely that Nicole Atkins will make an appearance for a few songs in Elvis' set.

Elvis and the Imposters played the same venue in 2014 and way back in 2002. Elvis has also played the Mountain Winery with Allen Toussaint (and The Imposters) in 2006 and with The Sugarcanes in 2009.

TIckets are still available for both shows, priced from $75 to $400 for the Saturday night show and from $59.50 for the Sunday night show.

Who's going?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Saratoga, CA, Mountain Winery, Aug. 27 & Sept. 4, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Saratoga, CA, Mountain Winery, Aug. 27 & Sept. 4, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

I'll say this: If 18-19-song setlists are going to be the norm going forward, count me out.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

They’ve been the norm on this tour.

The UK tour was 23 songs or so.

Some of it depends on the set time though. If you’re playing for 2 hours or so and you include a 14 minute I want you or 10 minute Watching the Detectives then that will impact on the number of songs.

Personally instead of a 14 minute I want you I’d rather see 4 other songs.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Arbogast wrote:I'll say this: If 18-19-song setlists are going to be the norm going forward, count me out.
Remember the days of 30-35 songs?

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... Morristown
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

The thirty song show will return I promise. Probably solo like that Jersey iconic evening Mr.N. Pane. And dear VG...many of us feel similarly to want to trade an epic saga for an extra song or three...but it is artistic freedom/license. Let him do what he pleases. BUT, Arboghastly, FEW of us feel like you. :shock: I will gladly count you and your negativity OUT eight days of any old week. Your relentless complaints grow tedious and leave me pondering whether you derive ANY pleasure from the body of work that EC gives to us. And please forgive me for being reprimanding ba yet again with you...but know I only choose to chide you after every 75 or so negative posts from you!! Find another act and fan page that better suits your desires at last!!! Or.....learn to let it be, relax a bit and enjoy more.
verbal gymnastics

bronxapostle wrote:The thirty song show will return I promise. Probably solo like that Jersey iconic evening Mr.N. Pane. And dear VG...many of us feel similarly to want to trade an epic saga for an extra song or three...but it is artistic freedom/license. Let him do what he pleases.
It’s a personal preference. I’m not a big fan of I want you. Watching him do a lengthy Detectives will not see any complaints from me - it’s visually stunning. God knows how many versions I’ve seen over the years.

By the way, I don’t need to let him do as he pleases, although to be fair he has played songs that I’ve requested, either as shout outs at gigs or when I’ve seen him after a show and requested a song which he has then played the next night. You can’t believe the smile that puts on my face and especially when I next see him to say thanks.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Great show last night! I’ll take 18-19 songs any day.

No Nick-EC combo tunes but there was mention it might happen on 9/4. Looks like I’ll have to make another trek to Saratoga. Not a fan of the Mt Winery vibe, but I’ll make the trek for EC/Imps + Nick Lowe!!!! Yes, Summer 2022 ya’ll. Peace.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Cool beans vg. ..I didn't know you helped with setlists. I know you are only voicing your simple desires in a polite way. Never a problem here and I sha'n't reprimand a good egg like you. FRIENDS always!!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going September 4?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

brokenrec

Post by brokenrec »

It was a great show tonight. Perhaps a top 5 show for me.
The first song was Heart of the City not WFTEOW.
They also sound checked with a country song that felt familiar but was not on Almost Blue. We were in the parking lot and couldn’t quite make it out. Any ideas?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

brokenrec wrote:It was a great show tonight. Perhaps a top 5 show for me.
The first song was Heart of the City not WFTEOW.
Thanks to ECSongbysong for this setlist that is more accurate than that on Setlist.fm and includes "Heart Of The City" as the opening number.

01. Heart Of The City
02. Green Shirt
03. Hetty O'Hara Confidential including snippet of 36-22-36
04. Mystery Dance including fourth verse
05. Watching The Detectives including snippet of Invisible Lady and snippet of Gimme That Wine
06. Surrender To The Rhythm
07. Newspaper Pane
08. Radio, Radio
09. Tipsy Woman
10. Maybe Just This Once
11. I Want You including snippet of I Believe To My Soul
12. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
13. Magnificent Hurt
14. What If I Can't Give You Anything But Love?
15. Pump It Up
16. Indoor Fireworks
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
18. Alison

MOOT
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Nice set list!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:Nice set list!
Right? I love his approach at tours end. 4 songs I never saw before including the MIA for the past 15 shows NEWSPAPER PANE; seemingly gone GOODBYE. exactly why our guy is always the BEST. See you in February Mr. Pane. Count me in for any extra tix you acquire or may come across please. Best, ba
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Amazing show. I made it but wasn’t feeling 100%. Too damn hot. The Irish can’t handle the heat as my mother used to say. It would have been her 89th bday yesterday, 4 years gone. I was sort of wishing I was on the east coast - on the beach-with my family. Sort of lame of me, I guess.

Elvis said Mtn Winery is one of his and DK’s favorite venues. It is a great spot but a major haul if your coming from north bay. Plus the staff always end of giving me a hard time for some reason. I guess I look homeless, mental, or something. One gal thought I was displaying a mobile ticket from another show. I can’t really sit still at most shows. That’s why GA is the way to go - for me. Maybe me shifting around looks odd. ADD is a real thing. Plus, restless leg syndrome. Go figure.

EC said the other half of Rusty was there (Allan Mayes). Spotted Bill Kirchen and Austin de Lone enjoying the show.

Hope they loop back to the Bay Area soon and play in SF or Oakland.
Last edited by MOJO on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

Is “Maybe just this once” the “Lyndon Johnson” song and is this its proper title?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Is “Maybe just this once” the “Lyndon Johnson” song and is this its proper title?
It's the same song. I don't think we know its proper title.