Elvis & The Imposters, Thousand Oaks, CA, Fred Kavli Theatre for the Performing Arts, August 28, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters, Thousand Oaks, CA, Fred Kavli Theatre for the Performing Arts, August 28, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and The Imposters, with Charlie Sexton play the 1,800-seat Fred Kavli Theatre for the Performing Arts in Thousand Oaks, California on Sunday, August 28, 2022.

Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets are the opening Act. Nicole Atkins may join Elvis for a few songs.

This is an indoor seated venue, inside a modern arts centre opened in 1994. Th,e City of Thousand Oaks is located 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 45 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. This is Elvis' first show at this venue. Details of COVID protocols etc are here.

Who's going to be there?

MOOT
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Thousand Oaks, CA, Fred Kavli Theatre for the Performing Arts, August 28, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

A few tickets still available for this show, mostly on "resale".

Ticketb*****d

Who's going?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Thousand Oaks, CA, Fred Kavli Theatre for the Performing Arts, August 28, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Setlist:

01. Accidents Will Happen
02. Man Out Of Time
03. Hetty O'Hara Confidential - including 36-22-36
04. Green Shirt
05. Watching The Detectives - including Invisible Lady and Gimme That Wine
06. Veronica
07. Farewell, OK
08. The Boy Named If
09. We Are All Cowards Now
10. Tipsy Woman
11. The Man You Love To Hate
12. Hand In Hand
13. What If I Can't Give You Anything But Love?
14. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
15. Magnificent Hurt
16. Pump It Up
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
18. Alison - including This Old Heart Of Mine
19. Radio, Radio - with Fito Páez
20. I Want You - including It Takes Time and I Believe To My Soul

EC had introduced "Alison" as the final song, and I believed him since "Alison" had closed most recent shows. He then said he lied and introduced the delightful Fito, who sang the first half of "Radio, Radio" in Spanish before EC sang the second half in English.

"I Want You" seemed to be a spontaneous choice for the actual closer, but I didn't see the stage setlist, so I can't say for sure.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Perhaps Elvis read arbogast’s post about only playing 18-19 songs :lol:

Good to see Hand in Hand in the set.

Looks like another good show.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Perhaps Elvis read arbogast’s post about only playing 18-19 songs :lol:

Good to see Hand in Hand in the set.

Looks like another good show.
Happens a lot of the time it seems.... 8)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://es.rollingstone.com/fito-paez-s ... geles-arg/

Fito Páez subió al escenario a cantar con Elvis Costello en Los Angeles
El músico argentino visitó a su colega en un parate de la grabación de la nueva versión del clásico El amor después del amor

«Steve Nieve-Dave Faragher- Elvis Costello- Clint- Pete Thomas and Charlie Sexton. Anoche fui invitado por esta banda excepcional a tocar en el Teatro Kavli. No podría haber tenido un mejor final de esta estadía en Los Angeles, Gracias a Elvis Costello and The Impostors por recibirme con tanto amor y gratitud. Love you, hermanitos». A través de las redes, Fito Páez contó así su participación en el show de su amigo Costello.

Páez, luego de recibir una extensa y elogiosa introducción por parte del inglés, cantó su versión de «Radio Radio», incluida en el álbum Spanish model, la versión hispanoparlante de su clásico This Year’s Model, editada en 2021 y de la que también participaron artistas como Juanes y Robi Draco Rosa.

El rosarino se encontraba en Los Angeles grabando la nueva versión de El amor después del amor, el disco con el que a partir del 20 de septiembre se instalará en el Movistar Arena para un ciclo de nueve shows.

«Tenemos un vínculo desde hace bastantes años. La última vez que vino acá, como nosotros somos amigotes hace tiempo de Pete Thomas, el batero de los Attractions, hicimos una reunión en casa. Él venía de hacer Il Sogno en ese momento y tocó unos temas, comimos algo y fue un encuentro muy hermoso», le dijo Páez a Rolling Stone para la nota de tapa de abril de 2020. «Se comprometió a escribir la letra para una música que yo había hecho, pero después, por temas de agendas, eso se desarmó. Yo lo había conocido en un meeting en un hotel muy chiquito de Nueva York, en 1994, creo. Hablamos y me dijo que había escuchado Circo Beat , que le gustaba ‘Mariposa’, que lo encontraba muy costelleano. El tiempo pasó y en un momento nos encontramos con Sebastián Krys, un argentino que fue el productor de su último álbum, y me contó que estaban planeando hacer una versión en castellano de This Year’s Model , aquel maravilloso disco de los 70. Le pedí hacer ‘Radio Radio’. Hubo que aggiornar el texto, ya que la radio ya no es lo que era en los 70. Lo grabé una tarde en Spector y se lo mandamos y se volvió loco. A partir de ahí empezamos una correspondencia preciosa sobre música, la familia, los hijos, estos tiempos. Es uno de mis artistas más admirados y con quien tengo la suerte de mantener un lazo de gran coleguismo».

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.zyri.net/2022/08/29/fito-pa ... -is-happy/

Fito Páez played with Elvis Costello and is happy

Fito Páez got up on stage to playnothing more, nothing less, with Elvis Costello & The Imposters during their performance in Los Angeles. According to the Argentine musician, he was summoned by Elvis Costello, Steve Nieve, Dave Faragher, Clint, Pete Thomas and Charlie Sexton to join his presentation at the Kalvi theater.

“I present to you Fito Páez”, said Elvis Costello in the middle of his show and continued: “When we were in Argentina, this man invited us to his house and received us like royalty and as friends.” Later, the artist from Rosario and Costello sang Radio Radio. “Couldn’t have had a better ending to this stay in LA. Thanks to Elvis Costello and The Imposters for receiving me with so much love and gratitude! Love you little brothers!” Fito Páez wrote after performing the song together.

Right now, Fito Páez is in the United States recording a new version of his classic album The love after Love together with Gustavo Borner and Diego Olivero. “The idea is to transformrevisit him and do new things”, declared the musician from Rosario.

More than 40 years after the release of his second album This Year’s Model (1978), Elvis Costello along with renowned producer Sebastian Krys, brought together an impressive international cast with some of the world’s biggest Latin rock and pop artists to perform this album entirely in Spanish. One of them was Fito Páez who performed “Radio Radio”, a theme that was born in 1975 as “Radio Soul” but that in 1978 would change its title to the definitive one.

“I was standing at Disneyland when the first mix hit my phone. I put the speaker close to my ear. I heard Fito sing my name and the word ‘whiskey’ and I knew that he had taken a leap into the dark or perhaps into the light and was telling his own story,” Costello said in a statement.

The English musician added: “We live in a world that Joni Mitchell alluded to when she wrote the line about ‘you don’t get too much of a choice from crazy people’. Every device and every circuit is talking to us, if not yelling at us. It’s not always easy to hold on to what you love and value, but Fito knows how to do it.”.

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »