Elvis & The Imposters, Rose Music Center at the Heights, Huber Heights, OH, August 6th, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters, Rose Music Center at the Heights, Huber Heights, OH, August 6th, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

The Boy Named If & Other Favourites Tour reaches Huber Heights, Ohio on Saturday August 6th.

Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton will have support from Nicole Atkins.

The Stuart & Mimi Rose Music Center at The Heights is a 4,200 seat, fully covered, outdoor amphitheatre located in The Heights development of Huber Heights, Ohio. The Heights is a destination retail, dining and entertainment district located conveniently off of I-70 in Huber Heights, Ohio.

Construction of the Music Center began in 2013 and was completed in 2015.

All patrons who purchase a ticket to the Elvis Costello & The Imposters concert will be treated to a Pre-Show Wine Tasting included with the price of each ticket. Pre-Show Tastings begin 90 minutes prior to the show and end 15 minutes before the concert begins.

DOORS OPEN
6:30 PM
Show time
8:00 PM

Reserved Pavilion Seating is available priced $83.00*, $73.00*, $62.00*, $51.00* $40.00*

Who's going?

MOOT
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Rose Music Center at the Heights, Huber Heights, OH, August 6th, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Allison Babka writes in Cincinnati CityBeat July 27- Aug.9, 2022 and previews this show:

"Elvis Costello and the Imposters' Upcoming Show at Rose Music Center to Feature Nostalgic Setlist

Elvis Costello and the Imposters perform at the Huber Heights venue on Aug. 6.

If you missed the legendary Elvis Costello’s show in Cincinnati last fall, you’d best take this current opportunity for a short road trip to see him.
Costello and his longtime band the Imposters will kick off a month-long tour celebrating 2022 album The Boy Named If at Rose Music Center in Huber Heights, about an hour north of Cincinnati. The album — Costello’s 32nd in the studio — includes songs that were first performed during the fall theatre tour and has received near-universal acclaim from critics.

A Costello concert is a great catch no matter what, but there’s an additional lure to this show. Despite being a resolutely forward thinker when it comes to music and politics, Costello has been reminiscing lately about past times – most recently about being part of the duo Rusty. In the early ‘70s – back when Costello still was known as Declan MacManus – he and Allan Mayes performed under that name in Liverpool clubs, taking on songs written by none other than songwriter and producer extraordinaire Nick Lowe. In June, Costello and Mayes teamed up once again to release the album The Resurrection of Rust, “the record we would have cut when we were 18, if anyone had let us,” Costello says on his website. It’s a mix of the duo’s reworked original songs as well as covers of Lowe and Neil Young tunes, among others. Chances are, Costello will highlight a Rusty song or two in Huber Heights.

Speaking of Lowe, the man who helped prop up some of music’s most prolific new wave and post-punk stalwarts and who has traded songs with Costello as if they were Pokémon cards just swung through the Queen City with Los Straitjackets, a Nashville surf-rock band whose members sport suits and Mexican wrestling masks. Lowe will be performing with Costello on select tour dates, but not here – local fans instead will see indie crooner Nicole Atkins.

Elvis Costello and the Imposters play Rose Music Center at 8 p.m. Aug. 6. Doors open at 6:30. Nicole Atkins will open the show. No information about COVID-19 protocols is available. Info: rosemusiccenter.com. "

Is anyone going?

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis & The Imposters, Rose Music Center at the Heights, Huber Heights, OH, August 6th, 2022

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Will the “nostalgic” setlist include Oliver’s Army? :lol:

Looking forward to seeing a review. I’m interested in the crowd size and sound as well as the setlist.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
migdd

Post by migdd »

Seriously doubt he'd be playing any of the Rusty songs without Allan.
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

migdd wrote:Seriously doubt he'd be playing any of the Rusty songs without Allan.
I very much suspect that you're correct... though I wouldn't be surprised if he played one of the Brinsley Schwarz covers. :)
I will report back w/ my findings.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Setlist from setlist.fm:

01. Accidents Will Happen
02. Green Shirt
03. Either Side Of The Same Town
04. Hetty O'Hara Confidential
05. No Flag
06. Watching The Detectives
07. Mystery Dance
08. I'll Wear It Proudly - with Nicole Atkins
09. My Most Beautiful Mistake - with Nicole Atkins
10. Still Too Soon To Know - with Nicole Atkins
11. Just About Glad - with Nicole Atkins
12. Penelope Halfpenny
13. What If I Can't Give You Anything But Love?
14. Newspaper Pane
15. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
16. Magnificent Hurt
17. Pump It Up
18. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Encore 1
19. Alison - including I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Interesting that Nicole sang on Just About Glad at this gig but not on 4th.

I hope I can hear this both with and without Nicole.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?