Telegenics promotional videos

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Telegenics promotional videos

Post by Man out of Time »

Back in the 1980s, record companies had the money to spend on promotional videos for their latest single releases. With the launch of MTV in 1981 there was also an outlet for these videos.

Telegenics was a subscription music video service in operation from 1983 through 1994 founded by Chris Russo. Subscription choices included several music styles ranging from alternative rock, pop, dance, rap and country videos. It is not clear what the business model was, but presumably the subscription was paid by bars or other venues wanting to show the videos during trading hours - as an alternative to MTV.

At least three of Elvis videos were available through Telegenics: "Let Them All Talk" (with The Attractions and the TKO Horns)(1983)"; "Everyday I Write The Book" (with the Attractions and Afrodiziak)(1983) and "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (with Cait O'Riordan)(1986). Links to these are below.

- Let Them All Talk
- Everyday I Write The Book
- Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Credit to Archive.org for being the platform through which these are still available, and to Jason Scott for uploading them.

MOOT
Newspaper Pane

Re: Telegenics promotional videos

Post by Newspaper Pane »

I believe these are all on the Right Spectacle DVD, along with many others.
bronxapostle

Re: Telegenics promotional videos

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:I believe these are all on the Right Spectacle DVD, along with many others.
Thats my opinion too that these were all just the originally released videos. It is great that MOOT pointed out to us that they are eligible and posted at archive.org. a very great resource for much music for us to enjoy.