Mystery EC tracks

Pretty self-explanatory
emotional_fascism076

Mystery EC tracks

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

I found two EC tracks on my hard drive and I have no idea where or when I got them and they're not on the wiki. It says their from the MLAR rehearsals and one is an opera style song called Songbird. I don't know who the female vocalist is and EC sings in the latter part of the song. Sounds like a studio track. The other is a cover of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. It sounds like an audience recording. What exactly do I have here?
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
verbal gymnastics

Re: Mystery EC tracks

Post by verbal gymnastics »

An overactive imagination :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

emotional_fascism076 wrote:I found two EC tracks on my hard drive and I have no idea where or when I got them and they're not on the wiki. It says their from the MLAR rehearsals and one is an opera style song called Songbird. I don't know who the female vocalist is and EC sings in the latter part of the song. Sounds like a studio track.
This could be one of the "Secret Songs" from Elvis' unfinished chamber opera. The female vocalist could be Gisela Stille, who performed with Elvis at concerts in 2005 and 2008. She and Elvis duet on The Misfit.

Very hard to make any connection with Mighty Like A Rose (1991), recorded long before The Secret Songs were commissioned circa 2004.

MOOT
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

That's very possible for that track. The Breaking Up Is Hard to Do performance remains a mystery. Maybe a private performance where someone managed to record this track.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?