Elvis interview in Record Collector, May 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis interview in Record Collector, May 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

https://recordcollectormag.com/cover-st ... WXQSGQZU[b]

How David Bowie & Roxy Music Invented The Future In A Single Day[/b]

For this month’s cover story, we celebrate the twin anniversaries of David Bowie’s The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars and Roxy Music’s self-titled debut album, both of which albums came out on 16 June 1972 – the day, it could be argued, that modern rock was born. Our writer, Rob Hughes, speaks to some of the musicians who were there during the creation of the long-players and makes connections between the Spiders and Ferry & Co. The RC Interview this month is with Elvis Costello, and there are features on Record Shop Bags of yesteryear, early 80s soul-popsters JoBoxers, proto-punks Flamin’ Groovies and 60s mod turned 70s pin-up turned 80s sitcom star Paul Nicholas. There are reviews of new releases from Marvin Gaye, Suicide, Norma Tanega, Warpaint, Kurt Vile and Kevin Morby, our Soul, Jazz and Psych columnists search deep and wide for goodies, we meet Wolfgang Flür of Kraftwerk and Dave Allen (not the Gang Of Four one) to discuss matters electronic, Gregory Porter reveals his life-changing records, we rediscover Leon Ware and Anne Dudley talks us through her 80s Greatest Hits. Our columnists – Bob Stanley, Ian McCann, David Quantick and Luke Haines – are provocative and controversial, in that order. We spend 33 1/3 minutes in the company of Steve Van Zandt. We go Under The Radar with chamber pop talents Chunky, Novi & Ernie and enter The Engine Room with 70s soul musician/producer Leon Ware. Oh, and we showcase a Record Shop Of The Month alongside thousands of records for sale in our unique Listings pages.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.