Steve Nieve plays the UK, July 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/steve-ni ... _ID=tmfeed

Sat Jul 16 2022
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM (Doors 7:00 PM)
The Sound Lounge (Sutton)
216-220 High Street
Sutton SM1 1NU
Last edited by sweetest punch on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Re: Steve Nieve plays Elvis Costello, July 2022

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I’m in!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Re: Steve Nieve and Kessada - Stories of Love, July 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Tickets for a second show, at Nordern Farm Centre for the Arts (near Maidenhead, Berkshire) are now on sale here:

https://norden.farm/events/steve-nieve- ... es-of-love

" Steve Nieve and Kessada invite you to Stories of Love - with songs by Tom waits, Neil Young, Elvis Costello and themselves.

Steve Nieve member of the rock and roll hall of fame, and a Grammy winning Artist, has been playing keyboards for Elvis Costello for more than thirty years, firstly as a member of The Attractions, and in more recent times with The Imposters. Perhaps the most intimate and riveting performances, however, were those where Elvis and Steve toured together creating a spellbinding tour-de-force of piano, guitar and voice.

Anybody who has witnessed these or indeed any of Elvis Costello's live shows will appreciate the special magic that occurs when Steve Nieve is let loose to solo on the piano.

Get to experience a full evening of this magic as Steve and his incredibly talented friend, vocalist and drummer Kessada, bring you 'Stories Of Love' and transport the Immobile Tour to your hometown. After one hundred plus online shows since the pandemic began, on Facebook and Instagram, you already know to expect the unexpected from this musical pair of lunatics.

For 'Stories of Love' you will hear songs and anecdotes around Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, and others. Naturally, Kessada and Steve will also dig deep into their own growing catalogue of songs. A great new concert to discover."

Studio
£16 (+£1 booking fee)

MOOT
Man out of Time

Re: Steve Nieve & Kessada - Stories of Love, July 2022

A third show has been announced on Thursday 14 July, at 18:30 at the Phoenix Arts Club, just opposite Foyles Bookshop off the Charing Cross Road in central London.

Phoenix arts club

Ticket options include VIP seating and a "meet and greet" option (at £49.50) or ordinary seats at £22. Seating is cabaret style with tables.

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Re: Steve Nieve plays Elvis Costello / “Stories of Love”, UK, July 2022

The Sutton show is solely Steve 8)
Goon Squad

Re: Steve Nieve plays Elvis Costello, July 2022

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I’m in!
...........and me !!!
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The Sutton show is solely Steve 8)

..........but you might catch me humming in the background! :oops:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

:shock: :shock: :roll:
Goon Squad wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:The Sutton show is solely Steve 8)

..........but you might catch me humming in the background! :oops:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveofficial

“I have some live dates in the UK this July. Are you around? Do hope you can grab some seats before they're all snapped up. A couple with Kessada and My Darling Clementine and I , a couple with Kessada and I, and one show on my tod, so all different if you want to attend the series. Here are the details:”

9July 19.30
St Michaels Church Liverpool*
http://bit.ly/stmichaelsliverpool
4 St Michaels Church Rd Aigburth,
Liverpool,
L17 7BB

10 July 19.30
The Voodoo Rooms Edinburgh*
https://bit.ly/edinburghjuly10
19a West Register Street
Edinburgh EH2 2AA

13 July. 20.00
Norden Farm
http://bit.ly/nordenfarmjuly13
Altwood Road, Maidenhead SL6 4PF

14 July. 18.30
The Phoenix Arts Club
https://bit.ly/PhoenixArtsStoriesOfLove
1 Phoenix Street London WC2

16 July 20.00
The Sound Lounge**
https://bit.ly/soundloungejuly16
216-220 Sutton High Street

*with My Darling Clementine
**Steve Nieve Plays Elvis Costello
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Re: Steve Nieve plays the UK, July 2022

These shows start on Saturday (in Liverpool) and continue next week and there are still good reasonably priced tickets available.

Steve and Kessada played a short successful tour of the East coast of the USA in May.

I would urge anyone without a ticket not to miss this opportunity to see Steve in some small venues, before he returns to the USA and touring with The Imposters.

MOOT
Man out of Time

I am sure others will want to share their reviews of the first night of this tour. For those who are going to the show in Edinburgh, this is what you can expect from the "My Darling Clementine" half of the show.... We didn't get "100,000 words" last night, for whatever reason. "April 5th" had three vocalists (like the original with Elvis, Kris Kristofferson and Rosanne Cash) and was just beautiful.
Liverpool set list MDC
Liverpool set list MDC
2022-07-09 Liverpool setlist.jpg (135.26 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
I won't spoil the surprise of the "Songs of Love" set, with Steve and Kessada. That may change on the night anyway, as we know from experience of the Immobile Tour.

MOOT
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

This was a magical evening from the first note from Steve (terrific surprise) to the last refrain of April 5th. Completely exorcised my ghosts from the 'stinker' at the Phil in recent times.

Steve's playing is clearly peerless and his shortened set of "Songs of Love" was fantastic. Birthday Boy Kessana seems to have hugely grown in confidence since I last saw him with Steve a few years ago when they performed at the official opening of the Philharmonic's revamped Music Room.

Clearly MDC are super musicians in their own right, hence the EC and non-EC numbers were a delight.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend attendance at any of these shows particularly The Voodoo Rooms Edinburgh tonight.

Great to meet MooT again too.

Colin
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

It looks like there is another show, a screening, at the Phoenix Arts at 21.00 on the same night as Steve.

I guess that'll be an early start and early finish then. Be nice to get an early train home.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Man out of Time

Anyone still considering going to Steve and Kessada's show at the Sound Lounge in Sutton on Saturday July 16, may like to know that they will be joined again by My Darling Clementine (Michael Weston King and Lou Dalgleish).

As in Liverpool and Edinburgh, they will play Elvis' songs from the "Country Darkness" EPs/Album that Steve played on: Country Darkness

Tickets are a snip at £15 and available here: Ents24.com

MOOT
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Here's their vid for 'Different Finger' a greatly neglected gem from EC's back catologue :
https://youtu.be/xGo16UOI4Ws features Steve on organ and piano.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Offshoreram wrote:It looks like there is another show, a screening, at the Phoenix Arts at 21.00 on the same night as Steve.

I guess that'll be an early start and early finish then. Be nice to get an early train home.
6.30 accordning to the tickets probabably be over by 8
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:It looks like there is another show, a screening, at the Phoenix Arts at 21.00 on the same night as Steve.

6.30 accordning to the tickets probabably be over by 8
Can't get away now so won't be making the show tonight. :(
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://m.facebook.com/100050179162704/

There will be a live stream from the concert in the Phoenix Artist Club in a few minutes!
verbal gymnastics

Elvis could be there unless I’ve been putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Toast posted a picture from the Mercedes with a caption on Instagram of Liverpool to London with the message Just saying.

And the show is being live-streamed.

Fingers crossed for everyone going.
verbal gymnastics

Great night at the Sound Lounge in Sutton last night. I sat so close to Steve that I now know his iPad passcode!

In the 2 hour show Steve didn’t sing many songs but told some lovely stories and played instrumental versions of some Elvis songs such as The Loved Ones, Love Field and Shipbuilding (of course) as well as a few Tom Waits songs.

We also got a new song and a couple of impromptu ones.

My Darling Clementine played 6 songs with Steve, and did beautiful versions of Either Side of the Same Town, I’ll Wear It Proudly, I Felt the Chill and The Crooked Line. They also played I Lost You and Different Finger which were both good.

Steve’s adoration of Muriel is lovely to see.

Special thanks to Muriel too. Johnfoyle, goon squad and me plonked ourselves in the front row. She came over and said they hadn’t sound checked. We asked if we could keep our seats so she reserved them for us as well as 3 others so we ended up as the whole front row.

We also chatted and had photos with Steve and Muriel outside.

A great night all round, although Sutton High Street is what one could call “interesting”.