RAH 24 January 1987

Pretty self-explanatory
Psc

RAH 24 January 1987

Post by Psc »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here, finally got around to registering. Thanks to the amazing Gigography pages on the Wiki I managed to work out that the above date was my first EC show, as a nervous 16 year old (Bath this June will be my 28th). Just curious if anyone else on here was at that show and if they have any memories of it? I remember they opened with Radio Radio and that they played a cover of Knowing Me Knowing You, but that’s about it!
It's not a matter of life or death. But what is, what is?
sulky lad

Re: RAH 24 January 1987

Post by sulky lad »

Welcome you ;little lurker!
I reckon this might have been one of VGs attendances - I'll leave him to elucidate.
It has of course been recorded and stored in a huge database! :roll: :wink:
Psc

Post by Psc »

Ha thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry for hiding in the shadows for so long :wink: I guess with the new album and tour coming up I thought it was about time! If there is a recording of this show in existence I’d love to hear it..
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

PM me and we'll sort something out ! :wink:
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Psc wrote: Thanks to the amazing Gigography pages on the Wiki I managed to work out that the above date was my first EC show, as a nervous 16 year old (Bath this June will be my 28th). Just curious if anyone else on here was at that show and if they have any memories of it? I remember they opened with Radio Radio and that they played a cover of Knowing Me Knowing You, but that’s about it!
Hi Psc and welcome to the Fan Forum. The Gigography includes a page for this concert here: Royal Albert Hall, London, January 24, 1987

There is a full setlist and links to a couple of reviews in the Melody Maker and NME. That might help jog your memory.

MOOT
Psc

Post by Psc »

That’s brilliant thanks. I do recall Shabby Doll and an acoustic Radio Sweetheart now you come to mention it! So was it a total lottery whether you got to see The Attractions or The Confederates when booking?! In my eyes I got lucky...