Elvis and Diana at exclusive screening of “The Beatles Get Back”

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://mobile.twitter.com/neil_mccormi ... a2kU4w0PUA

Also cheering along... Elvis Costello, Noel Gallagher, Bobby Gillespie, Mick Hucknall, Chrissie Hynde & Graham Coxon
H

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Standstobeinsulted

Re: Elvis and Diana at exclusive screening of “The Beatles Get Back”

Post by Standstobeinsulted »

For our American brethren Neil McCormick was editor of the NME in its heyday when it was brilliantly written by some of the best journalists (and I don't just mean music journalists) of their generation. Interesting that he chose to name check EC first
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Neil is indeed a outstanding journalist . However , he wasn't editor of the NME. He contributed too publications here in Dublin , In Dublin and Hot Press. From 1996 on he has written for the Daily Telegraph , amongst other publications, along with a number of books.

His many ecounters with Elvis are recorded here

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _McCormick
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Nice hat
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Nice to see them looking glad to be in each other’s company!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://criticologos.com/disney-screens ... in-london/

DISNEY+ SCREENS EXCLUSIVE 100-MINUTE PREVIEW OF PETER JACKSON’S ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES “THE BEATLES: GET BACK” IN LONDON.

Paul McCartney Joins Friends and Family at the Cineworld Leicester Square for Special Event Celebrating the Upcoming Three-Part Docuseries Streaming November 25, 26, and 27, 2021 Exclusively on Disney+.

Earlier tonight in London, Paul McCartney and friends walked the red carpet outside the Cineworld Leicester Square prior to the U.K.’s exclusive 100-minute preview of the upcoming Disney+ three-part docuseries “The Beatles: Get Back.” Other VIP guests in attendance at the U.K. preview include: Noel Gallagher (Oasis), Elvis Costello, James Bay, Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet), Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys), Jamie Cook (Arctic Monkeys), Mick Hucknall (Simply Red), Martin Freeman, Stephen Merchant, director Paul Greengrass, physicist Brian Cox, Terry Gilliam (“Monty Python”) and Sanjeev Bhaskar. A Disney+ original, “The Beatles: Get Back” will debut exclusively on the streaming service November 25, 26, and 27, 2021.

(…)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

johnfoyle wrote:Neil is indeed a outstanding journalist . However , he wasn't editor of the NME. He contributed too publications here in Dublin , In Dublin and Hot Press. From 1996 on he has written for the Daily Telegraph , amongst other publications, along with a number of books.

His many ecounters with Elvis are recorded here

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _McCormick

Neil once said Miss Dynamite was the future of music. (Of course she is)

At the famous last gig in the UK at Hammersmith Neil was walking in at the same time as me with the other journo Will Hodgkinson
Standstobeinsulted

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 9:49 am

'Neil is indeed a outstanding journalist . However , he wasn't editor of the NME.'

Yes I confused him with Neil Spencer. That said, agree that McCormick is an excellent journalist. Stand by my comment about the NME during Neil Spencer's tenure as editor
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Standstobeinsulted wrote:Elvis and Diana at exclusive screening of “The Beatles Get Back”
PostWed Nov 17, 2021 9:49 am

'Neil is indeed a outstanding journalist . However , he wasn't editor of the NME.'

Yes I confused him with Neil Spencer. That said, agree that McCormick is an excellent journalist. Stand by my comment about the NME during Neil Spencer's tenure as editor
Couldn't agree more, the standard of writing was up there with the best journalism in any sphere of writing then !
Standstobeinsulted

When Apocalypse Now! was released Francis Ford Coppola said that the NME review of the movie (I think by Paul Du Noyer) was the only critique that truly grasped his vision. One of many examples of the standard at the time. A shame that some turned out to have feet of clay
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Standstobeinsulted wrote:When Apocalypse Now! was released Francis Ford Coppola said that the NME review of the movie (I think by Paul Du Noyer) was the only critique that truly grasped his vision. One of many examples of the standard at the time. A shame that some turned out to have feet of clay
PdN is indeed a great storyteller - I'd wholeheartedly recommend his epic "Liverpool - Wondrous Place: From the Cavern to the Capital of Culture" to all music fans, available from all good booksellers. And Amazon UK from £2.02. Very Santa suitable.