Elvis and The Imposters, Indianapolis, IN, November 7, 2021

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis and The Imposters, Indianapolis, IN, November 7, 2021

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and The Imposters, with Charlie Sexton, play the Murat Theatre at Old National Centre on Sunday November 7, 2021.

The Venue website says:

"Waving hello from the concert tour bus is the great troubadour Elvis Costello, along with The Imposters, headed for a trek in various cities and states. Their "Hello Again" concert tour, Elvis Costello & The Imposters will take them down the Murat Theatre on Sunday 7th November 2021. This multi-award-winning singer-songwriter is picking up from where he left off as he had to put his 2020 concert run to a halt as the pandemic and lockdowns kicked in. Elvis Costello has a long-spanning career that began in the first wave of British punk and new wave in the 70s and fans haven't lost touch with his music, which continues to rake in a multi-generation of followers. Catch this iconic artist live on stage. Book your tickets now!"

"English singer-songwriter Elvis Costello has an illustrious career brimming with awards, citations, and commercial success. He has received 14 Grammy Awards nominations, winning two in 1999 for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals in 1998 for "I Still Have That Other Girl" with Burt Bacharach, and in 2020 for Best Song Written for Visual Media. He also had twice been nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Male Artist. In 2003, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rolling Stone Magazine also accorded Costello with several prestigious citations like listing him at number 80 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, and including his first three albums in the list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

Elvis Costello is upheld by many artists as a major musical influence.
Costello is a master of wordplay, where his lyrics cover a wide vocabulary. He is also described as a jack of diverse genres of music; one critic giving him the moniker "pop encyclopaedia", able to "reinvent the past in his own image".

Elvis Costello & The Imposters are expected to dive into the requisite classics from his 35-year music vault, a press release promises that this tour “will also see the first stage performances of songs from the future, as the band time-travel in all directions.”

As his music is timeless, his fans are of varying ages. Don't wait 'til the last minute. Book your tickets now!"
Murat National November 2021
Murat National November 2021
Murat National poster x.jpg (76.22 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
Who's going?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Indianapolis, IN, November 7, 2021

Post by johnfoyle »

Photos from Twitter

sweetest punch

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Indianapolis, IN, November 7, 2021

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... dianapolis

Setlist

song order may not be exact
01. Big Tears
02. Truth Drug
03. Green Shirt
04. No Flag
05. Either Side Of The Same Town
06. Hey Clockface / How Can You Face Me?
07. Stations Of The Cross
08. Born Under A Bad Sign
09. Mystery Dance
10. Penelope Halfpenny
11. The Boy Named If
12. Indoor Fireworks
13. Uncomplicated
14. What If I Can't Give You Anything But Love?
15. Watching The Detectives
16. The Comedians
17. Brilliant Mistake / Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
18. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
19. Magnificent Hurt
20. Mistook Me For A Friend
21. Radio, Radio
22. Farewell, OK
23. Pump It Up
24. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.