BBC Radio 6: “Elvis Costello Co-Hosts...”, November 1, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

BBC Radio 6: “Elvis Costello Co-Hosts...”, November 1, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000p0b4

Elvis Costello Elvis Costello Co-Hosts...

With the new album 'Hey Clockface' just released, Elvis co-hosts the show via social media from Vancouver, helping Tom sift through listener requests. Expect classics and forgotten gems from his decades spanning back catalogue.

Release date:

Sun 1 Nov 2020
18:00
BBC RADIO 6 MUSIC
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: BBC Radio 6: “Elvis Costello Co-Hosts...”, November 1, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

Starts in a few hours!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis announced that there will be a remix of Hetty O’Hara Confidential available soon.
And the Spanish version of Crawling To The USA was also played.
They played Shipbuilding from the John Harle-20 CD box.
WindUpWorld

Post by WindUpWorld »

I remember watching a 1977 episode of Noel Edmond's Swap Shop (a Saturday morning kids pop show here in the U of K) where a pop and musical theatre singer called Barbara Dickson was promoting something and taking calls from children who rang in. One young girl asked her which current artists she liked. Barbara said, in a rather over the girl's head way, that she'd been touring so much she'd only caught one episode Top Of The Pops and from it liked just Tom Robinson and Elvis Costello. Silence from the girl on the line. 'So what's your favourite song on the charts?' Barbara asked her nicely. 'Baccara's Yes Sir I Can Boogie' came the reply. Yes Sir was riding high in October 1977 which would point to 2-4-6-8 Motorway and Detectives being in the charts. Despite her preference for Andrew Loyd Webber musicals (and we all know how Elvis feels about those, though doubtless he'd be more polite these days) Barbara had impeccable taste I'd say. I really enjoyed hearing the two of them together tonight.

What a lovely lo fi but atmospheric recording of Shipbuilding from John Harle's new collection that Elvis played. I was at that Festival Hall Terror and Magnificence gig and distinctly remember much rustling somewhere in the front rows as a couple of EC fans readied their incognito tape recorder to capture it themselves. Whoever it was I'll bet they're on this board - I hope you had a good night. In a neat connection the drummer on that short tour was the great Paul Clarvis, among many other things Mose Allison's go to London sticks man.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Cracking radio, do not miss
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:Cracking radio, do not miss
Can confirm, some great music and conversation throughout this show.

Do not confuse with any other recent BBC interviews!