Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Pretty self-explanatory
Hawksmoor

Re: Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Post by Hawksmoor »

sweetest punch wrote:He said that there would be a new release in two weeks (a song in French).
I wonder if that might be the mooted remix/French version of 'Hetty O'Hara'?

Damn, there's just so much going on in the world of Elvis right now, we are blessed.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This Sunday:

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

anyone got mp3 of the elvis pieces?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Steve suggests that Elvis will join them this evening: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=317536296595673

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

sweetest punch wrote:Steve suggests that Elvis will join them this evening
Elvis did dial into what became the third part of the show. You may be able to watch it again here: Steve Nieve Official

He played:

1. Up On The Roof
2. One Day I'll Make It All Up To You
3. Please Mr. Postman (with Steve on piano)
4. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down (with Steve on piano)
5. Pump It Up (with Steve on piano)

He was making positive noises about playing shows later this year but nothing specific about where or when.

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Steve Nieve /Facebook-

Second Foundation, my very first band, 8 piece. I already had the Vox Continental and Instapiano rig, ready for the future..
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Man out of Time

Re: Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage 2

So, the Immobile Tour Backstage ended on or around July 10, 2021, in anticipation of Steve playing with Elvis in the USA in August and then going on to tour the US with AJUQ this month, prior to the full "Hello Again" Imposters US Tour in October/November.

As we know, Steve had to miss the Omaha and Kansas City shows with Elvis, because US immigration rules bar UK or EU nationals entering the country at the moment. It is not clear when that will change, and this week the EU have reciprocated with new proposals for controls on US citizens entering Europe - although it is up to National governments to decide whether they make those changes. So Steve and AJUQ's September tour of the US has been put back to May 2022.

All of which is a damn shame, but leads up to the launch of The Immobile Tour Backstage 2 - a further round of intimate shows broadcast from Paris or Deauville whilst Steve is unable to tour the US. Details and the link to subscribe are at stevenieve.com.
Immobile Tour Backstage 2
Immobile Tour Backstage 2
ITB2.jpg (59.58 KiB) Viewed 18132 times
I hope to see some of you there later this month.

MOOT
Man out of Time

So the Immobile Tour rolls on into its third year, having started as "The Daily Improvisation" just after Elvis and The Imposters' 2020 UK Tour came to a sudden halt.

Elvis joined the webcast from home in Vancouver last night for a show on the theme of "Songs with "Love" in the title". The setlist was as follows:

1. Labelled With Love (instrumental)
2. Is That Love (Steve)
3. Tainted Love (Steve & Kessada)
4. Love Field (Steve)
5. A French song whose title I did not catch (Steve & Kessada)
6. Love Me Tender (Steve & Kessada)
7. Oh My Love (EC accompanying himself on piano)
8. Long Distance Love (EC accompanying himself on piano)
9. Love Letters (Steve)
10. Wicked Game (Steve & Kessada)
11. The Loved Ones (instrumental)
12. Ever Lasting Love (Steve & Kessada)
13. You Can't Hurry Love (Steve & Kessada) (piano and drums)
14. All You Need Is Love (instrumental)
15. Stop In The Name Of Love (instrumental)
and by popular demand
16. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? (Steve & Kessada) (piano and drums)

All songs featured Professor Steve Nieve on upright piano.

Elvis' contributions suffered from some technical problems at his end, which affected the songs he sang. Steve did a Q&A session with him, which worked better, asking him to talk about some of his songs with the word "Love" in the title.
You can watch the webcast again on FB here: FaceBook Steve Nieve page.

As well as being broadcast on FB and Instagram, there was a Zoom call for ITB2 subscribers. There were the usual technical issues, but a useful addition nonetheless. Steve joined the Zoom call to chat to a few subscribers demonstrating once again the problems inherent in using videoconferencing such as Zoom alongside a "live" FB or IG stream that is actually several seconds behind.

MOOT
Man out of Time

Whilst Steve is on tour with The Imposters, or touring in his own right, clearly there is no need for the Immobile Tour to convene. However, a very reliable source reports that preparations are well underway for the 100th Immobile Tour event, later this year - exact timing to be confirmed.

A star-studded cast is promised (alongside the regular stars of course).

Watch this space....

MOOT
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

There was a surprise installment of the Immobile Tour on Sunday night, celebrating the anniversary of the release of Momofuku. I only had the chance to catch the first couple of minutes, which featured Steve and Kessada playing Flutter and Wow. Steve said it's his favorite song on the album.

Looking forward to watching the whole thing when I have a little more time.
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
Man out of Time

For anyone who missed it, or wants to watch again, there was another ITB2 show tonight (15 October). The show is archived here on FaceBook.

The occasion was a baby shower for Steve's daughter Mercedes. Eleven songs were played, on the theme of motherhood, children and birth.

MOOT