Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Post by sweetest punch »

It’s gone!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Ymaginatif

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Post by Ymaginatif »

I wonder whether they are going to honour this?

It looks very much like an error of he decimal sign? Or a digit missing?

Oh well, I gave it a try. For that price I wouldn't mind having a spare copy!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Ymaginatif wrote:I wonder whether they are going to honour this?

OF COURSE THEY WILL!!! it was a bargain clearance sale. they got rid of the 40 or 50 copies that were still there!
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

bronxapostle wrote:
Ymaginatif wrote:I wonder whether they are going to honour this?

OF COURSE THEY WILL!!! it was a bargain clearance sale. they got rid of the 40 or 50 copies that were still there!
I like your conviction! :D

And this is a 1000 copies only run? I will have 2 then - which means 0.2% of the entire production?! That's a higher percentage than what you get on most UK savings accounts these days! I'm amazed they seemed to have struggled to sell these ... ?

Or were more copies printed in the meantime ... ?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

There is also the 8 single version (the standard version).
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:There is also the 8 single version (the standard version).

the standard eight record box AND the "defect" one with holes in the eight picture sleeves!! which will be the rarest of them all?
NOT the fairest of them all! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Look Now Deluxe 7” Box Set is up again at US$ 74,99: https://elviscostello.concordrecords.co ... 7-box-set/
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:The Look Now Deluxe 7” Box Set is up again at US$ 74,99: https://elviscostello.concordrecords.co ... 7-box-set/

YIKES!!!! maybe they will nullify our purchases of this past weekend! oh well, let's wait and see
Last edited by bronxapostle on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

Bianca (Concord Music)
Jun 3, 2021, 9:53 AM CDT

Thanks for your purchase of Elvis Costello’s Look Now Deluxe 7" Box Set. Unfortunately, this was sold at a single 7” price point due to a systems error while migrating to a new e-commerce platform. As much as we appreciate your business we unfortunately have to cancel your order. We are very sorry.

Because of the confusion and inconvenience, we would like to offer you a 30% off code (a $22.50 savings) on this box should you choose to repurchase. Just use code xxxxxxxxxx at checkout.

Apologies for the mix up and thanks for your understanding!

Concord Music Customer Support
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

:D :D :D
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:What’s that phrase that goes “fools and their money “?
Well I got that email too - lets see how quickly they re-unite this fool with his cash, certainly came out soon enough!

(A big disappointment, not on a par with Ancelotti, but still a kick in the whatsits)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:The Look Now Deluxe 7” Box Set is up again at US$ 74,99: https://elviscostello.concordrecords.co ... 7-box-set/

YIKES!!!! maybe they will nullify our purchases of this past weekend! oh well, let's wait and see

ba...you are right AGAIN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh well, i had gotten a great deal (about $28!) for the eight 45 BEAUTIFUL box with extra BIG hole in the sleeve artwork version! this one alongside PURSE 12" record store day e.p. suffices to fill the collection in that regard.

i still await the decreasing price on the ARMED FORCES deluxe box at both Amazon and Target...currently at about $157.
i hold fast to my prediction of about $95 by Halloween. let us see. it was a stellar deal while it lasted. all my best, Benny
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Order cancelled message , not surprised but had thought they would honor orders placed.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

To all my friends - really sorry this didn’t work out for you - at least they made a gesture with the discount but not that impressive after all. I checked my very local record store and they should have the “French EP” available next Saturday so I’ll be queuing at 5 am to beat the West Devon rush :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Can the title of this thread be changed to "Look Away Now"
or somesuch
please?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Pigalle wrote:Bianca (Concord Music)
Jun 3, 2021, 9:53 AM CDT

Thanks for your purchase of Elvis Costello’s Look Now Deluxe 7" Box Set. Unfortunately, this was sold at a single 7” price point due to a systems error while migrating to a new e-commerce platform. As much as we appreciate your business we unfortunately have to cancel your order. We are very sorry.

Because of the confusion and inconvenience, we would like to offer you a 30% off code (a $22.50 savings) on this box should you choose to repurchase. Just use code xxxxxxxxxx at checkout.

Apologies for the mix up and thanks for your understanding!

Concord Music Customer Support
The old systems error - at least they didn’t publicly blame the trainee!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »