Elvis plays Glastonbury June 2015?

Pretty self-explanatory
Cocktail Murderess

Elvis plays Glastonbury June 2015?

Post by Cocktail Murderess »

Does anyone know if EC is appearing as a special guest at Glastonbury on Saturday? I know that Burt Bacharach is on.......rumour has it there are placards there stating so, but not sure if I'm just being wound up!
I keep my lipstick twisted tight.
Goon Squad

Re: Elvis plays Glastonbury June 2015?

Post by Goon Squad »

I must admit when I saw BB was on the bill, and knew that Detour would have just finished, I did wonder if Elv would join him onstage.
Sounds like another post-show question for tomorrow !
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Let's see if he drops in any Burt Bacharach or Painted from Memory songs into the set either at Cardiff and/or Basingstoke.

Mind you, given his tweet to Taylor Swift, Elvis is just as likely to go to Hyde Park and belt out a couple of numbers with her!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

With all the Glastonbury promo in full swing today, I too wondered the same.. I doubt Elvis has any interest in playing Glastonbury at this time. However seen as a favour to Burt, rather than a solo Elvis performance, the possibility does seem slightly less unlikely. It may only need a phone call. Good point about checking for Costello / Bacharach songs on the set these last 2 nights. We'll all know the answer soon enough.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Nick Lowe is also playing on the Saturday night on one of the lesser stages with Paul Carrick and Andy Fairweather Lowe.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

nice ref on Today this morning to the line-up ranging from Moorhead to the Dalai Lama to Stephen Hawking on the kids stage. Surely there's room for Elvis too. Ron Sexsmith is playing on Sunday, so maybe Elv will stick around to do Everyday with him!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Real life is definitely becoming a rumour. Or two :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Cocktail Murderess

Post by Cocktail Murderess »

Sorry everyone.I've just had a coy text from Cocktail Murderess Junior who is in Glastonbury, to say that the information was, indeed, a wind up 'Chill mum'! Needless to say she is returning home to the punishment of being grounded for a month before being hung, drawn and quartered. :oops:
I keep my lipstick twisted tight.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Ron Sexsmith is playing on Sunday, so maybe Elv will stick around to do Everyday with him!
Or maybe, even better, he'll guest at Ron's sure to be remarkable Royal Festival Hall show on Tuesday. Steve Nieve did a lovely guest spot on that very song at Ron's recent Paris gig:

This will be my 10th Ron show. Ben Watt is in support with Bernard Butler joining him. So I'm hoping that Tracey Thorn will put in an appearance too (she only ever does book events these days, one of the great modern voices), given that she has covered two of Ron's songs in the past.

Elvis and Ron in the same month. Not sure my heart can stand it. Both on the same stage would probably push me over...
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more