EC and the Roots Las Vegas March 15-16 2014

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

EC and the Roots Las Vegas March 15-16 2014

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Apparently Brooklyn Bowl is opening a Vegas branch....and EC and the Roots are the first act...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-r ... llo-roots/

Dave
docinwestchester

Re: EC and the Roots Las Vegas March 15-16 2014

Post by docinwestchester »

Very nice!

Lucky for you west coast peeps.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

So this is supposed to be the first date in a series of shows with the Roots?

I live here in Vegas, but I have not yet seen any information regarding tickets. If anyone sees ticket information, please post here.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Ugh, Vegas. Sorry SoulforHire. If there is an early show, I would consider flying in/out that night, otherwise, I might have to bail. They need to tour! RIP Pete Seeger.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

ENJOY!!! what is that Saturday and Sunday???...would make a GREAT weekend trip. especially if i was still a bachelor! :lol: GO PEOPLE, especially the TAPERS!!! i've got ATLANTIC CITY covered the week before. :wink: ENJOY soul, ANCT, dr luther, mojo and all my west coast friends. DON'T STAY HOME!!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/a ... g-20140128

Elvis Costello, The Avett Brothers & More Set for Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas this Spring

The Las Vegas entertainment experience and music scene will once again be redefined as Brooklyn Bowl opens its doors March 2014 at The LINQ, Caesars Entertainment's open air district in the center of the world famous Las Vegas Strip.

Following in the footsteps of the original Brooklyn location and their recently opened outpost at the O2 in London, Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas will feature live concerts, 32 lanes of bowling and food by celebrated restaurateurs, Blue Ribbon. With three levels spanning over 80,000 square feet, it will be one of the largest venues music in America, and will offer programming throughout the day and late into the night.

As Brooklyn Bowl co-founder Peter Shapiro put it, "We are thrilled to bring the unique Brooklyn Bowl vibe to Las Vegas. This multi-sensory, free-standing performance venue will allow people to have a full dining, social and concert experience under one roof."

Over 2,000 concert goers will be able to enjoy performances from the standing room general admission area, the luxurious bowlers lounges adjacent to the lanes where bowlers can relax on leather sofas and enjoy the full menu of food and beverages, or the private lounge boxes overlooking it all. Like in New York, on many nights, guests will be able to come early and stay late to experience multiple shows with just one ticket. The live concert experience will be complemented by five on-site bars showcasing local craft brews and rockin' comfort food by the world-renowned Bromberg Brothers' Blue Ribbon Restaurants, including their iconic Fried Chicken celebrated on Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."

"Part of Brooklyn Bowl's fun atmosphere is the food and the experience around you," says Blue Ribbon co-owner, and partner in Brooklyn Bowl, Bruce Bromberg. "We are excited to bring the menu to Las Vegas for guests to enjoy good times and great tastes."

The first announced shows include:

(...)
March 14-The Roots
March 15-16-Elvis Costello and The Roots
(...)

Tickets for most shows will go on sale Saturday, February 1. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.brooklynbowl.com.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Thus far, all I have been able to find regarding purchasing tickets is that "most" of the shows at the Vegas Brooklyn Bowl go on sale on February 1. But not sure if that means online or what.

UPDATE: The shows on March 15 and 16 indeed go on sale at 10 a.m. on February 1. Nothing regarding price yet, though.
Last edited by SoulForHire on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I don't think I will able to make this show. I have a friend's bday/bash party the same weekend. Unless I fly out of San Jose on late Sun. afternoon. Hmm... Need to sort this out. Where is the Northern Calif. gig announcement!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

MOJO wrote:I don't think I will able to make this show. I have a friend's bday/bash party the same weekend. Unless I fly out of San Jose on late Sun. afternoon. Hmm... Need to sort this out. Where is the Northern Calif. gig announcement!
You should go. They will not disappoint.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I will try to make the Sunday gig. Logistics might get in the way. I will have take a day off from work, too (if still employed by then). My friend is all over me to attend his bday bash, so I can't ditch him. He wants me to shoot video. He is delegating jobs out to all his friends. Sort of annoying. Would love to this show, trust me!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Think of it this way MOJO . . . your friend will probably get married at least a couple more times over the course his life but there's a relatively small chance you'll have another opportunity to see EC with The Roots. :wink:
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

It's not a wedding, just a bday party. He is like a brother to me, so I can't miss it. I hear you about EC/Roots gig. Trying to figure out logistics since I'll be on a ranch in the middle of nowhere and will have to bolt to an airport. Not a fan of rushing around. Whatever :(. It's not looking good. There better be some hot and fresh action at this party that's all I have to say.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Tickets will be available at Ticketfly.com
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Cost per ticket is $69.50. They also offer a 2 day pass but with no discount. 2 day passes are Will Call only. No name transfers on the tickets.

On Ticketfly, there is a Facility Fee of $5, a Service Fee of $25.03, and a Delivery Charge, depending on how you receive the ticket. It's free if you print it out. $3.50 for Standard Mail.

The show on March 15 starts at 9 p.m. The March 16 show starts at 8 p.m.
Last edited by SoulForHire on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Scored two tickets for both nights!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Nice. Bargain price. Thinking about the Sunday show. Need to sort out $$ and details. Actually, may head east around the time of the AC show. Need to visit my mom and help her with her new laptop. 84 and she is sending email and paying bills online. Awesome. Have a place to crash at the beach, too. $$ wise, I could save some bucks.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

There are only 2000 "seats" so you have to decide quickly
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I know. I'm running numbers, talking to people now. Considering an east coast Easter visit now. Will eventually get it together. Not stressing about it. Whatever.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Sorted out details and I am going to this show now. Should be fun.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

My tickets for both dates in Vegas just arrived today. Sweet! And each ticket came with a $50 gift card from Naked Wines.com.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SoulForHire wrote:My tickets for both dates in Vegas just arrived today. Sweet! And each ticket came with a $50 gift card from Naked Wines.com.
wow...sweet deal subtracting $50 off the price like that. how much were they? almost as good as getting the WISE UP GHOST deluxe edition as a freebie with the $40 admission price to the Brooklyn Bowl THE ROOTS show back in September! enjoy your shows SOUL.
veronicacostello

Post by veronicacostello »

SoulForHire wrote:My tickets for both dates in Vegas just arrived today. Sweet! And each ticket came with a $50 gift card from Naked Wines.com.
Wow! I should have had my tickets mailed!
I'm flying out from Minneapolis for the shows. I hate Las Vegas but right now I hate snow more.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Those vouchers are not all that great. NakedWines is sort of like a wine club. You have to pay them about $40 a month and they ship you wine from their pool of vintners. I guess if you really into drinking wine it's a good deal. Otherwise, you throwing money toward collecting wine bottles.

I'm going to this show! It should be fun.
veronicacostello

Post by veronicacostello »

MOJO wrote:Those vouchers are not all that great. NakedWines is sort of like a wine club. You have to pay them about $40 a month and they ship you wine from their pool of vintners. I guess if you really into drinking wine it's a good deal. Otherwise, you throwing money toward collecting wine bottles.
Oh, never mind then!

Advice, S'il vous plaît: What time do you think it would be good to get in line for the Brooklyn Bowl show? Doors are at 6 pm but I wonder if there will be a queue long before that. I want to be front and center and I'm not sure if I need to get there at like noon or something..hope not!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I say drink until 8-8:30 pm and then go to venue.