ba LIVE EC songlist updated thru March 23 = 777!

Pretty self-explanatory
emotional_fascism076

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated 10/19

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

bronxapostle wrote:As you asked, ef, i will try to share my MSG show version. It was a VERY STRANGE HEADLINE APPEARANCE at the world's greatest arena....but, oddly not a greatest hits show!! He did this odd take of SUMMER, HARPIES BIZARRE, PLAYBOY TO A MAN and several KOJAK VARIETY tunes as of then, still unreleased. STRANGE, EVERYBODY'S CRYING MERCY and a few more. Again, an oddball set for a strange night all for my VERY LEAST FAVORITE EC releaae.

01. Accidents Will Happen
02. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
03. Harpies Bizarre
04. Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head
05. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
06. Suit Of Lights
07. The Other Side Of Summer
08. So Like Candy / I Want You
09. Temptation
10. Playboy To A Man
11. Must You Throw Dirt In My Face
12. Veronica
13. Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4
14. That Day Is Done
15. Hidden Charms
16. Strange
17. Everybody's Crying Mercy
18. Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
19. God's Comic
20. How To Be Dumb
21. Alison
22. Pump It Up
I'm interested to hear this. Looks like a unique setlist.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

We will arrange it ef.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Well, lookie here sulky!!! Via the wonders of hearing my October shows back for the first time this week, i now acquire another snippet tagged on tune. 8)
As per our discussion at the other thread, and only as you had noted its inclusion ending EIWTB....I do hear the "END OF OUR ROAD" snippet from October 30th. Another classic case of one i would surely not have been able to identify. Thanks ALL my stats friends. :D :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Ok...Mr. S. LAD. Updated with seventeen new entries as per standard ba standards. :D The reworks in typical fashion must be markedly different for me to credit them anew. I hope most will agree with the three I deemed so this week. Stellar shows await us all in 2022. God bless the band and us all to see many, many more shows and new songs. Oh, the new tally is 746!!! see post one here!!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:Ok...Mr. S. LAD. Updated with seventeen new entries as per standard ba standards. :D The reworks in typical fashion must be markedly different for me to credit them anew. I hope most will agree with the three I deemed so this week. Stellar shows await us all in 2022. God bless the band and us all to see many, many more shows and new songs. Oh, the new tally is 746!!!
Thanks BA, always good to use your hearing to pick up snippets and different additional phrases Elvis so often slips into his vocal improvisations !
Thumbs up !!
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated 10/2021

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks for enjoying sulky. And funny you should say as you have said here. Night 2 in Port Chester, he was surely grumbling something at the end of one song. But not sure if it was anything to tally at all or just humming along at songs end. I must listen if we do acquire a recording.
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated September 2022

Post by bronxapostle »

Slow to revise as I needed to hear it once again: JUST ABOUT GLAD If you saw it this tour I hope you will like me crediting Woody and Faces with the cool reworking we got this summer. In fact....haven't Rod and Elvis kinda sorta been in the news together about Lord knows what that I have already forgotten in recent months? Some kinda friendly banter if I recall. Listen....any UK or USA rocker FOREVER knows the value of SMALL FACES/FACES contributions to the music we ALL cherish. So after my single BOY NAMED IF tour show of 8/16/22...my new count is 749!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Priceless!!thanks for the update BA.
Any unique snippets from the US tour to listen out for? My other Elvis project means I haven’t listened to more than a couple of shows so far from your tour :(
Take care my friend
krm

Post by krm »

Wow! Impressive. Which reminds me of that I started to do a similar list long long time ago. Maybe it is time to dig it up and do that list!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

krm wrote:Wow! Impressive. Which reminds me of that I started to do a similar list long long time ago. Maybe it is time to dig it up and do that list!
Will that include variations of different audience members singing along with "Good Year For The Roses"? :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

My archives are written in notebooks from my first shows 43+ years ago and amended here and there thanks to our beloved sister site the elvis costello wiki. Kjell...you or anyone who has accurately kept show dates attended can somewhat easily compile their own list via the setlists nearly completely posted there. Have fun.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

bronxapostle wrote: somewhat easily
We obviously have differing understandings of what this phrase might mean!

Anyway you had me hooked on the concept of a mammoth musical/computer research project which would keep me away from the family and cats for a period of months.

Unfortunately, my adventure failed at the second hurdle.

Wiki faithfully records songs from Rusty at St George's Hall 5th May 1972, but my first 'proper' sighting of EC at Erics on 25th March 1978 has 'setlist unknown', as does the previous night at the same venue. Cant remember any of the songs played either - but can remember EC complaints about the previous night's audience being not as wild as we were. Can also remember that it was fantastic.

Think I'll explore Sulky's alternative proposition of a list of Singalonga-Good-Year-For-the-Roses which I've 'sung' along with. :D
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Top balcony wrote:
bronxapostle wrote: somewhat easily
We obviously have differing understandings of what this phrase might mean!

Anyway you had me hooked on the concept of a mammoth musical/computer research project which would keep me away from the family and cats for a period of months.

Unfortunately, my adventure failed at the second hurdle.

Wiki faithfully records songs from Rusty at St George's Hall 5th May 1972, but my first 'proper' sighting of EC at Erics on 25th March 1978 has 'setlist unknown', as does the previous night at the same venue. Cant remember any of the songs played either - but can remember EC complaints about the previous night's audience being not as wild as we were. Can also remember that it was fantastic.

Think I'll explore Sulky's alternative proposition of a list of Singalonga-Good-Year-For-the-Roses which I've 'sung' along with. :D
Don't start chronologically, start with the Picket show as the pinnacle of Elvis' live performances !! :wink: :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Hey....sorry for you WAY early attendees!! :D too bad that 1970's ba was not there with you. Back then I kept setlists for the most God awful of acts....even support acts I never thought we would hear from again. White Lightning, Skyhooks, Steve Gibbons Band, Starz and Artful Dodger to name a few!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:Don't start chronologically, start with the Picket show as the pinnacle of Elvis' live performances !! :wink: :wink:
only problem with that is that there was no Singalonga Roses that night !!!
bronxapostle wrote:....even support acts I never thought we would hear from again. White Lightning, Skyhooks, Steve Gibbons Band, Starz and Artful Dodger to name a few!
Think the best support I can remember being knocked out by was The Specials AKA (then completely unknown as they hadn't had a record out) opening for The Clash at Erics on 22nd July 1978. At the other end of the telescope The Worst lived fully up to their name at the same venue around that time.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Oh I have seen many great ones....but in the entirely unknown to me and then becoming an immediate fan category, here are my top 5 openers:

The Records at Be Stiff ROUTE 78 tour
Jane's Addiction for Iggy Pop
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club w/ Grant Hart
Laura Cantrell for EC and Imposters
Rainbow Kitten Surprise at Pleasantville Music Fest
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Remember being underwhelmed by Cast early in 1994 and then my wife and i being stunned by their evolution and how good they were on Elvis' second UK tour in the autumn ( fall) of 1994.
Dave And the Mistakes certainly were for Elvis in 1981 :shock: :shock: :roll:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

sulky lad wrote:Dave And the Mistakes certainly were for Elvis in 1981 :shock: :shock: :roll:
That’d be a great name for your band (although Dave and the Other Mistakes would be better).
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

After only two shows for me at Gramercy, I figured I better tackle my archives before my third and last one tonight. My guardian angels had me pick the first two I attended correctly it seems as I added eight on both nights!! I'll take that again this evening. Or none is fine too. At 765 for me now (see post one here!) Enjoy everyone going!! Peace, ba
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:After only two shows for me at Gramercy, I figured I better tackle my archives before my third and last one tonight. My guardian angels had me pick the first two I attended correctly it seems as I added eight on both nights!! I'll take that again this evening. Or none is fine too. At 765 for me now (see post one here!) Enjoy everyone going!! Peace, ba
I counted 71 personal debuts for me over the 10 nights. 7.1 per night. Incredible. Brings my total to 439.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Great to hear Mike....now just to chronicle it all on paper like some kook.you know! :D :D
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated thru 2/22/2023

Post by bronxapostle »

Newest update after the tenth Gramercy show [I attended three!] brings my personal tally to a whopping 774 different songs. Of the many slightly different arrangements I was lucky to see including added horns here, Marisoul duets etc...I think I was relatively stringent in my calling it a different take. First song of the run had a distinct distortion heavy extended intro, Miracle Man featured an entirely different last verse and Charlie and E laid down a super long intro for EIWTB. Heck, E himself called Wednesday's CCIU4 a different arrangement....however, not vastly enough to be deemed such in my math book. Again, this is strictly my goofy pastime...feel free to comment if interested to discuss. Best, ba
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:Great to hear Mike....now just to chronicle it all on paper like some kook.you know! :D :D
I do keep a list of all shows, all songs I've heard, how many times, and the dates of each one! :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Great to hear Mike....now just to chronicle it all on paper like some kook.you know! :D :D
I do keep a list of all shows, all songs I've heard, how many times, and the dates of each one! :lol:

Cool pastime
bronxapostle

Re: ba LIVE EC songlist updated thru March 23 = 777!

Post by bronxapostle »

Last bump till Summer tour, God willing! 777!!!!