The Songs of Bacharach & Costello: collection based on Painted From Memory, March 3, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
wardo68

Re: The Songs of Bacharach & Costello: collection based on Painted From Memory, March 3, 2023

Post by wardo68 »

I updated my PFM review, expanding the original text a bit, and adding several paragraphs about the new set, for your reading pleasure (or not):

https://everybodysdummy.blogspot.com/20 ... emory.html
sweetest punch

Re: The Songs of Bacharach & Costello: collection based on Painted From Memory, March 3, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Amazon.co.uk has now March 24 as the releasedate for the 2LP/4CD version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songs-Bacharac ... V4dA&psc=1
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

I’ve had an email to say my copy has despatched ( in the UK)
Encouraging that it is not as delayed as previously suggested.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.mojo4music.com/magazine/bac ... vid-bowie/

Tribute to Burt in new MOJO:
(…)
BURT BACHARACH An in-depth tribute to the songwriter’s songwriter, with the help of Jimmy Webb, Barry Gibb, Elvis Costello and more. “What he did was alchemy.”
(…)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

cwr

Post by cwr »

Despite the credits in the LP booklet indicating that the version of "Don't Look Now" is the Elvis & The Imposters one previously heard on Look Now, side 4 of the vinyl edition features a totally different version with Audra Mae on vocals (and another male vocalist, I'm not sure who it is!) with slightly different lyrics! ("And of course... no underwear" in place of "there's nothing left to wear.")
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Have the liner notes been posted anywhere?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verbal gymnastics

verbal gymnastics wrote:Have the liner notes been posted anywhere?
Bump!
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

There are scans on the Wiki; scroll down.
http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... xe_Edition
EC needs a proofreader. I've offered, to no response.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

wardo68 wrote:
There are scans on the Wiki; scroll down.
http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... xe_Edition
EC needs a proofreader. I've offered, to no response.
Very interesting read. Thanks for directing us to it.
verbal gymnastics

Adding my thanks too!