ELVIS solo GRAMERCY NYC February 9, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

ELVIS solo GRAMERCY NYC February 9, 2023

Post by bronxapostle »

Just figuring despite the existing thread regarding the initial announcement of the ten night run, I doubt that anyone would think it sensible to post there repeatedly. So I guess we will indeed need ten separate threads for each evening. I am certain it's the right approach but I trust the moderators if they think there is a better tact. 20 nights until show one!!
Who's going?

Me! but not again, until nights 9 & 10!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Man out of Time

Re: ELVIS solo GRAMERCY NYC February 9, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

bronxapostle wrote:So I guess we will indeed need ten separate threads for each evening. I am certain it's the right approach but I trust the moderators if they think there is a better tact.
Sounds like the right approach to me BA. Thanks for doing this. Hopefully we will get full setlists, photos, reports for each and every show and gossip.....

MOOT
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks for agreeing MOOT...I have entered the rest. Please enjoy these posts especially those not attending. You shall be there in spirit.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:Thanks for agreeing MOOT...I have entered the rest. Please enjoy these posts especially those not attending. You shall be there in spirit.
Going to be EPIC!!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Thanks for agreeing MOOT...I have entered the rest. Please enjoy these posts especially those not attending. You shall be there in spirit.
Going to be EPIC!!
YES!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
Going to be EPIC!!

It should be a very interesting run of shows for sure and all going are bound to enjoy. I can't be at all ten for varying reasons. But I can't imagine it surpassing the five night 1986 Broadway run. Oh yeah it will be a blast. And I'll love every one of my three shows I am certain. But October 21-25, 1986 was just insanely FANTASTIC!
Charles

Post by Charles »

bronxapostle wrote:
Newspaper Pane wrote:
Going to be EPIC!!

It should be a very interesting run of shows for sure and all going are bound to enjoy. I can't be at all ten for varying reasons. But I can't imagine it surpassing the five night 1986 Broadway run. Oh yeah it will be a blast. And I'll love every one of my three shows I am certain. But October 21-25, 1986 was just insanely FANTASTIC!
Has Elvis ever done a 10 night run before?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

No I don't believe so. Of course it is one for the record books.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:
Newspaper Pane wrote:
Going to be EPIC!!

I was just looking at the set lists for those 1986 shows last night and cursing the fact that I missed them because I was in Boston starting first year of law school!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Sorry Mike...wish you were there too. The most amazing statistic of that entire run of the five nights was this one. By the previous tour ending in 1984, I had at that juncture only seen EC live seventeen times. However in five consecutive nights on 53rd Street, he shattered my wildest hopes by playing a staggering 68 songs that I had never seen him play live before that week. And the added spiritual rush of the Mets World Series run in conjunction with the EC run made for one of the best weeks of my entire life. Funny that you were up in Boston no less as the Mets losing opponent were the Red Sox. Those five nights were magical enough, yet only added to as my two best friends and brotherapostle took the ninety mile ride to Philadelphia for yet one more Confederates show just two nights later AND with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench. And the glorious ride home (after my only ever epic three hour Costello show!) with the Mets wrapping up the Series victory on our ride back home to the Bronx. Talk about a celebration. No director could have scripted it better!
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:Sorry Mike...wish you were there too. The most amazing statistic of that entire run of the five nights was this one. By the previous tour ending in 1984, I had at that juncture only seen EC live seventeen times. However in five consecutive nights on 53rd Street, he shattered my wildest hopes by playing a staggering 68 songs that I had never seen him play live before that week. And the added spiritual rush of the Mets World Series run in conjunction with the EC run made for one of the best weeks of my entire life. Funny that you were up in Boston no less as the Mets losing opponent were the Red Sox. Those five nights were magical enough, yet only added to as my two best friends and brotherapostle took the ninety mile ride to Philadelphia for yet one more Confederates show just two nights later AND with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench. And the glorious ride home (after my only ever epic three hour Costello show!) with the Mets wrapping up the Series victory on our ride back home to the Bronx. Talk about a celebration. No director could have scripted it better!
Amazing! I did get to see him in Boston later that year at the Orpheum, but only went to one of the 3 shows and picked the worst one, oof.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

One week [& ten minutes! :D ] until show one song one! Yesssss
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote:One week [& ten minutes! :D ] until show one song one! Yesssss
Glad it's not tonight BRRRRRRRR...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:One week [& ten minutes! :D ] until show one song one! Yesssss
Glad it's not tonight BRRRRRRRR...
RIGHT!!! :D we'll be basking in 57 degrees that night
HangUpYourWings

Post by HangUpYourWings »

Hi Folks,
This is Simon Garfield, a writer in London. I’m coming over next week to see all of EC’s Gramercy shows for a story for British Esquire (someone’s gotta do it, etc).
I’d love to meet up and chat to a few Forum members who are also going to all 10 (looking at you, Newspaper Pane and Bronxapostle). Thinking we could maybe meet up once before the first show on Thursday to talk about expectations, and then again mid-run. Obviously I’ll also see you at the shows. Maybe easiest (and to avoid bots) to contact me directly via my website (it’s the one with the encyclopaedia book on the homepage).
Thanks a lot!
Simon
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I can't make this show on Thursday, have a single ticket if anyone interested. Face value plus fees. PM me if interested

Dave Farr
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

HangUpYourWings wrote:Hi Folks,
This is Simon Garfield, a writer in London. I’m coming over next week to see all of EC’s Gramercy shows for a story for British Esquire (someone’s gotta do it, etc).
I’d love to meet up and chat to a few Forum members who are also going to all 10 (looking at you, Newspaper Pane and Bronxapostle). Thinking we could maybe meet up once before the first show on Thursday to talk about expectations, and then again mid-run. Obviously I’ll also see you at the shows. Maybe easiest (and to avoid bots) to contact me directly via my website (it’s the one with the encyclopaedia book on the homepage).
Thanks a lot!
Simon
I'd be happy to, except I am working Thursday and running right from work to the show so I am not sure if there will be enough time.
HangUpYourWings

Post by HangUpYourWings »

Thanks NP. How are you fixed on other days before a show? Is Friday 10th or Saturday 11th any good?
Charles

Post by Charles »

Catching my flight from Alaska tomorrow night, and it’s off to NYC! It would be an understatement to say I’m excited…
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FAVEHOUR wrote:I can't make this show on Thursday, have a single ticket if anyone interested. Face value plus fees. PM me if interested

Dave Farr

Might have a taker....see message at fbook please.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

HangUpYourWings wrote:Thanks NP. How are you fixed on other days before a show? Is Friday 10th or Saturday 11th any good?
Actually my work thing Thursday got canceled so I can do Thursday. PM me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper Pane wrote:
HangUpYourWings wrote:Thanks NP. How are you fixed on other days before a show? Is Friday 10th or Saturday 11th any good?
Actually my work thing Thursday got canceled so I can do Thursday. PM me.
I'll be at marquee 7 sharp. Pane will spot me. :D
vertigoman

Post by vertigoman »

I’d love to go to this show but I’m short both a ticket and babysitting. I wish I had a better idea of what time it actually starts (is 7pm the door time or the Elvis walls on stage time??) so I could see if I could arrange a last minute miracle. But even if I don’t make it, it looks like one heck of a night one to get this all started!
vertigoman

Post by vertigoman »

I worked out the babysitting thing and Ticketmaster just dropped a single aisle seat at face value - looks like my lucky day!

There’s one more balcony aisle seat on TM right now at face value if anyone is interested.
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

bronxapostle wrote:Sorry Mike...wish you were there too. The most amazing statistic of that entire run of the five nights was this one. By the previous tour ending in 1984, I had at that juncture only seen EC live seventeen times. However in five consecutive nights on 53rd Street, he shattered my wildest hopes by playing a staggering 68 songs that I had never seen him play live before that week. And the added spiritual rush of the Mets World Series run in conjunction with the EC run made for one of the best weeks of my entire life. Funny that you were up in Boston no less as the Mets losing opponent were the Red Sox. Those five nights were magical enough, yet only added to as my two best friends and brotherapostle took the ninety mile ride to Philadelphia for yet one more Confederates show just two nights later AND with guest keyboardist Benmont Tench. And the glorious ride home (after my only ever epic three hour Costello show!) with the Mets wrapping up the Series victory on our ride back home to the Bronx. Talk about a celebration. No director could have scripted it better!
Catching up on the board in anticipation of tomorrow night. Was at those three Philly shows at the Tower! Looking forward to the next two weeks.