New album for 2023 announced: “entirely different and very exciting”!

Pretty self-explanatory
Newspaper Pane

Re: New album for 2023: Songs of Bacharach and Costello

Post by Newspaper Pane »

This pleases me. A lot.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Okay, am definitely interested! Yes, it is a bit confusing as we already have PFM and the Look Now songs.

I love the idea of a Burt/Elvis album of songs sung by other artists.

I love the idea of a Burt/Elvis album of new songs we haven't yet heard, sung by Elvis.

I love the idea of an album of Burt oldies songs covered by Elvis and the Imposters.

All these and more seem to be implied by the press statement.

V v v intrigued!!!!!!!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Ymaginatif wrote:Slightly confusing?
So is one CD simply a 'best of' of Burt Bacharach?

1: Painted From Memory
2: Taken From Life - mostly covers versions, together with Look Now songs + 3 newly recorded EC songs
3: live songs - I assume all E.C.
4: Best of Burt. Not clear who sings these? the riginal recordings? It doesn't sound as if these are EC covers ....

Well, bring it on I'd say(but don't make it too expensive ...)
It's true he doesn't say who sings the "whole album of Bacharach/David songs," but I have to think it's EC.

There's half an album of EC singing Bacharach/David out there already: "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" (a few versions to choose from), "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" from the Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me soundtrack, "Windows of the World" with Chrissie Hynde from the AIMS Gala, and "Make It Easy on Yourself," "My Little Red Book," and "Anyone Who Had A Heart" from the Sessions at West 54th video.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

And No Coffee Table wrote:It's true he doesn't say who sings the "whole album of Bacharach/David songs," but I have to think it's EC.
That's my hunch too. If he's billing it as a 'love letter to Burt', you'd think he'd actually sing the songs himself. :lol:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I agree.

If it was an Elvis curated album it would contain some real obscurities :lol: but the “love letter to Burt” implies an Elvis album, with and/or without the Imposters.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?