Elvis Costello Sings Hunter/Garcia, San Francisco, September 30, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

Elvis Costello Sings Hunter/Garcia, San Francisco, September 30, 2022

Post by And No Coffee Table »

An EC tweet seemingly announces a show at San Francisco's Great American Music Hall on September 30:
Elvis Costello wrote:Thanks to everyone who came to our second show and the last night of the tour at the Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA. The Imposters ride again in 2023 but I hope to see you at the GAMH on September 30th. “Don’t you let that deal go down”. Watch this space. ⁦@ElvisCostello

That date is currently empty on GAMH's website.
Last edited by And No Coffee Table on Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Re: EC in San Francisco, September 30, 2022?

Post by bronxapostle »

Nice JERRY SF reference...wish I was 3000 miles closer. And announces both an Imposters September 30th AND 2023 activity with band too. Yummy. AND I still predict IMPOSTERS + PRETENDERS summer USA shed tour one day soon too.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

A Rusty track is playing in the Artist Medley #4: https://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com ... -medley-4/
This means that Elvis and Allen will play the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
brokenrec

Post by brokenrec »

Early and late show on sale right now.

https://gamh.com/
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/ ... e-concerts

https://www.facebook.com/greatamericanm ... 0013465249

!!! JUST ANNOUNCED !!!

A Great American Music Hall 50th Anniversary Show

Austin de Lone & The Great American Music Hall proudly present …

ELVIS COSTELLO SINGS HUNTER GARCIA

A Very Special Concert To Benefit Prader-Willi Homes of California

SEPT 30TH 2022

TWO SHOWS in ONE NIGHT!!

Tickets and info available at:
gamh.com/shows-elvis-costello-sings-hunter-garcia

On Sept 30th, Elvis Costello, Austin de Lone and an allstar band of musical legends will be participating in an extraordinary, one time only, very special performance interpreting the timeless Californian music of Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia.

There will be two performances, early and late, the proceeds of both will go towards the renowned Prader-Willi Homes of California (formerly the Richard de Lone Special Housing Project), which seeks to provide social services to people born with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS), and to build and maintain homes for people living with PWS and similar disabilities.

The Richard de Lone/Prader-Willi Homes benefits are an incredible series of concerts that started in 2007 at the Great American Music Hall and have featured a stunning array of performers including Elvis Costello, Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe, Bonnie Raitt, Boz Scaggs, James Cotton, Jim Keltner, Buddy Miller, Jimmy Vaughn, Elvin Bishop, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Steve Earle, Loudon Wainwright, Dan Hicks, Carlene Carter, Ryan Bingham, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Butch Hancock, Bill Kirchen, Caroline de Lone, Robert Plant, Clover and many more …

This will be the first one of these incredible benefit concerts to take place at the Great American Music Hall in over a decade.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis Costello Sings Hunter/Garcia, San Francisco, September 30, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/el ... i-homes-ca

ELVIS COSTELLO ANNOUNCES “ELVIS SINGS HUNTER-GARCIA,” A BENEFIT FOR PRADER-WILLI HOMES OF CA

Elvis Costello announces “Elvis Sings Hunter-Garcia,” a benefit for Prader-Willi Homes Of California. The rare, intimate concert, a tribute to the iconic songwriting of Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter and the band’s visionary singer/guitarist Jerry Garcia, will take place the night of Friday, September 30 at The Great American Music Hall. There will be two shows: 7 and 10 pm. Tickets are $100 for general admission, available online at gamh.com/shows-elvis-costello-sings-hunter-garcia/, with special VIP seating available upon email request to info@praderwillihomes.org. All proceeds will benefit Prader-Willi Homes of California, formerly The Richard de Lone Special Housing Project, a nonprofit that helps establish and support residential living for individuals with Prader-Willi syndrome. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for the 7 p.m. show and at 9 p.m. for the 10 p.m. show.

“We are so lucky to have Elvis as a friend and adviser to Prader-Willi Homes of California,” PWHC Executive Director Austin de Lone said. “This is a momentous occasion, as we have purchased our first home and are making the final push to fund renovations and give our first residents the specialized care they and their families have been dreaming of. The overwhelming requests for placement in this first house reinforces the importance of PWHC’s mission to purchase and support the multiple homes for the large number of California residents with PWS who lack the kind of housing they need.”

A benefit for Prader-Willi Homes of California

When: Friday, September 30 at 7 pm and 10 pm
Where: The Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, San Francisco 94109
Who: Elvis Costello and an all-star band featuring Larry Campbell, Teresa Williams, Ruth Davies, Paul Revelli, and Austin de Lone.
Tickets: $100 for General Admission
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

What a nice treat for the West coast fans. Go enjoy for us all please
And No Coffee Table

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 1987816456
Elvis Costello wrote:Hold on, we’re another “Europe ‘72” band!!!
Rusty will make a guest appearance during “Costello Sings “Hunter/Garcia” at the Great American Music Hall, SF to benefit the Prader-Willi Homes of California on September 30th.

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

High compliments to my musical hero for this benefit he has done for many years, and to everyone involved, especially Austin DeLone. It hits close to home, even in Missouri.

I am the legal guardian of my younger brother, Frank, who was born with this cruel and rare condition known as Prader-Willi Syndrome and the cruel burdens that come with it. The most obvious is the insatiable appetite, ....never not hungry, but a lot of other things. High tolerance for pain (hand can burn on hot stove) before even recognizing it. Bruises very easily. Diabetes due to slow metabolism and rapidly advancing obesity that comes with the appetite. And many, many behavioral issues, which I won't get into, but I'll give you one example. He has a fondness for the TV show COPS, and frequently likes to dial 911 when no one is looking. Sounds funny, but its very hard, especially after the 20th time its happened. And not even scratching the surface. Full of constant mischief.

I was extremely fortunate enough to found my brother 24-7 care the past 15 years in an ISL housing set-up (@ $130K/year subsidized by state and fed) after our father passed in 2007 with Alzheimers, and our mother 8 years before him with cancer. We've had a tough stretch as a family during this time. So I DEEPLY applaud this cause and everything that it represents, even if for the state of California, when I am in Missouri. I can relate, very personally to the struggle of PWS and the burden on caregivers and family, wherever they may live. We won the lottery in finding housing and this level of care. So my hats off to Austin, Elvis, Nick Lowe, and all who have been involved and to all of those who support this worthy cause.

Here is a picture of Frank (age 34), taken 3 weeks ago, at our parents gravesite near Cassville, MO.
Attachments
Frank.jpg
Frank.jpg (199.67 KiB) Viewed 126587 times
Frank.jpg
Frank.jpg (199.67 KiB) Viewed 126587 times
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

That’s melted me. Thanks for sharing.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

verbal gymnastics wrote:That’s melted me. Thanks for sharing.
What he said. Completely.

Feel very honoured to have a tiny glimpse into your world and to hear of you love and devotion to Frank.

Arnie, I hope you have a wonderful time at the Gramercy.

Love from Penny Lane.

Colin
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

anyone going? I may make the trip
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

supplydavid wrote:anyone going? I may make the trip
Happy for you David. Enjoy please....and setlists ASAP. gonna be a fantastic show.
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

Hello All

I have a ticket for both early and late shows...but work may be impinging on my ability to get from east coast in time on friday

I may have both tickets for sale (one early, one late)...but wont know for sure until my work schedule finalizes Tuesday or Wed.

In the meantime, if you are interested in my tickets, let me know so that i can be sure to contact you once my schedule finalizes in a day or so...

Thanks, all
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

I have a few pics posted on my Twitter @sproutsfan. Wonderful night. Introduced to more Grateful Dead songs and a great mix in the audience of fans of both artists.
And No Coffee Table

Early show:
01. Dire Wolf
02. Brown-Eyed Women
03. Loser / Wharf Rat
04. Ramble On Rose
05. China Doll
06. Sugaree
07. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dance Dance Dance - with Allan Mayes
08. Warm House (And An Hour Of Joy) - with Allan Mayes
09. I'm Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind - with Allan Mayes
10. Surrender To The Rhythm - with Allan Mayes
11. Stella Blue
12. Friend Of The Devil
13. Tennessee Jed
14. Brokedown Palace

Late show:
01. Dire Wolf
02. Brown-Eyed Women
03. Loser / Wharf Rat
04. Ramble On Rose
05. China Doll
06. Sugaree
07. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dance Dance Dance - with Allan Mayes
08. I'm Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind - with Allan Mayes
09. Surrender To The Rhythm - with Allan Mayes
10. Ship Of Fools
11. Dupree's Diamond Blues
12. Friend Of The Devil - with Jim Lauderdale
13. It Must Have Been The Roses - with Jim Lauderdale
14. Tennessee Jed - with Jim Lauderdale
15. Brokedown Palace - with Jim Lauderdale
16. Alison - with Allan Mayes
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - with Allan Mayes
18. Ripple
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Best shows ever. Rusty was great. Nice appearance by Jim Lauderdale. I feel very lucky to live in the Bay Area. Bought a Rusty cap on my way out. Epic!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Great you got there MOJO
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Yes, epic weekend of music. If EC plays HSB next year, it’s worth a trip to the Bay Area for any/all EC fans. He is all over town and stages. It Would have been cool to see him with Mumford dude, but I was closing out festival with friends at Banjo stage. So much fun. Lots of crouching, sitting in the dirt, drinking, eating, sweating (sun was intense Sunday), some dancing (Remain In Light w Jerry Harrison/Adrian Belew - epic session #2. EC #1). Good times!